1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Tram Titan 4 expanding with extra channels which go above ch 40

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by Retro CB Guy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Retro CB Guy

Retro CB Guy Active Member

Hey folks, I'd like some input as to some options for best approach to expand frequencys on my Tram Titan 4 please... It's a bit tricky maybe, cos RX uses VFO setup basically.

Surely someone has did it in the past and care to share some notes etc !!!

Siltronix 90-6 seems a viable option for TX, but what about RX ?

Retro

2. midnight special

midnight special Well-Known Member

with my siltronix 90 i have with a siltronix mobile it tx and rx both,,,,

Retro CB Guy likes this.
  3. Retro CB Guy

I currently have the 90-6 on it hooked up but I only get transmit. Can you show some pics of yours and or explain the hookup ?

Thanks for the reply, Jim

Rwb likes this.
  4. Retro CB Guy

Please let me know more what exactly you have and pics too if you don't mind so much thanks !

Rwb likes this.
  5. midnight special

you dont have a hookup manual for the siltronix? how have you have it wired in? i will be getting back to home this evening i will look at my manual and see if i see any thing that will help,,,,,,

Rwb and Retro CB Guy like this.
  6. Retro CB Guy

Yeah doubt it cause somehow I missed the part that since this base station has basically a seperate vfo for recieve, you have to go it at another angle ! I didn't really realize that totally but now I do since home with the VFO hooked up and now I'll need to address the RX from one of a couple ways. Either a Browning Receiver Crystal 31.720 or a set of other crystals which someone installed on my Titan 3 which gets me ch. 34-63 skipping 26-33 !

Rwb likes this.
  7. midnight special

are you using a 80-6 or a 90-6?? i looked and tram titan 4 isnt even listed in compatiblity chart for all models,,,,i am not sure but if i remember right the titan models had to use the tram vfo,,,, [​IMG]

8. midnight special

ok further reading in the manual says that tram corsair 464 titan titan 2 titan 3 and titan 4 will not function with siltronix vfos,,,,