• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TramD201 no assembled in Mexico sticker

klj2497

Jan 19, 2017
I read that some of the d201 second version was assembled in the USA.One of my tram d201 has a silver front logo. it does not have assembled in mexico on the back but the tram with the black logo does. Hmm IMG_3072.JPG IMG_3069.JPG IMG_3071.JPG

klj2497,
I believe I read somewhere that the D201 with the orange diamond shaped logo (as yours has) is the original "hand wired" version. I guess the diamond was significant to the "Tram Diamond" corporation. And later versions were built in Mexico.

David

Thanks Dmans Here is another photo. I also read about the orange diamond logo being on the first hand wired version but it looks like its also on some second pc board versions of the d201. ( there is one for sale on ebay with the orange diamond 12/31, it also does not have assembled in Mexico on the back) I have seen a few of these since i have purchased this one. but not many. its a mystery (IMG_3073.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Dmans
The diamond logo only indicates the factory of origin.

All the first-version "hand-wire" D201 radios have the diamond logo badge on the speaker. They also have the "VOX" feature.

The revised 23-channel radio with the two big circuit boards was built in New Hampshire for only a short while. No VOX on those. These radios share the same "diamond" badge as the older New Hampshire VOX radio.

Production moved to the "Maquiladora" factory just south of the border where the rest of all the circuit-board D201 and D201A radios were built. The mexican radios all have the "snake" typeface "Tram" badge.

I remember a customer who paid big money for a "diamond" D201 at a hamfest without raising the lid to look inside.

Boy was he disappointed when I did. Turned out to be a New Hampshire circuit-board radio, and NOT the original VOX version he hoped.

Reactions: Woody-202 and Dmans

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.