• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Transmitting on 15 channels.....at the same time?

As mentioned previously-Crap radio and Lots of power!!

I was making good contacts on 10 meters earlier and kept hearing bleed over. After ending my QSO, I started dialing up and down the band and found the “Godfather of the ATL” on channel 6 am. What an ass hat!!
I doubt he had any knowledge of the above modifications but suspect a “Crap radio with lots of power”.

David

For a minute I thought OP was talking about 47 Tango Charlie. That little “wide band” thing is interesting, one could use that to annoy 47…hmm.

Reactions: 144inBama
But, wouldn't that cause the PLL to trip the Lock Detect circuitry

Only if you crank it too high. Remember, 10 kHz is the frequency the tuning-voltage filter is designed to "flatten out" and deliver a steady varactor voltage.

Besides, strapping the lock-detect line to prevent the PLL from locking out the transmit is straightforward enough.

It could be done secondarily like adding a Direct Sequence modulator (Spread Spectrum) to the signal between the TX mixer and the TX buffer. Or before the Carrier injection side of the TX mixer, after the SSB filter if an SSB radio.

There are an infinite number of ways to kill Shrodinger's Cat.

, it receives on 15 channels at the same time when the wide band switch is turned on. If there are people talking on say 30, 33, and 38 they all come through clear at the same time, just like they are all on the same channel, if the modded radio is on any channel from 23 to 40.

A relay that closes only while the mike is keyed is all you need to make this a transmit-only function.

I mainly use it on receive. If splatter or bleedover comes crackling through the speaker because someone close or with big power is interfering a flick of the switch brings them in clear without having to click through the channels. I can then turn wideband off and change through the channels to find them if its someone I want to talk back to.

For transmit use, after the first hour of fun when I got it the novelty wore off. Dont want to upset the few regular users still left in the area. But still give it a blast for laughs when I'm traveling through a city I won't be going to again for the next year or two.

Loz!

I mainly use it on receive. If splatter or bleedover comes crackling through the speaker because someone close or with big power is interfering a flick of the switch brings them in clear without having to click through the channels. I can then turn wideband off and change through the channels to find them if its someone I want to talk back to.

For transmit use, after the first hour of fun when I got it the novelty wore off. Dont want to upset the few regular users still left in the area. But still give it a blast for laughs when I'm traveling through a city I won't be going to again for the next year or two.

Loz!

That is a pretty legit use, but this dude was killing all the channels for at least 20 minutes straight talking to the same guy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.