• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trc457 alignment problem

KneeBiter

May 21, 2014
Virgin radio. Off freq a touch on ssb. Downloaded service manual here (thank you) manual says counter on tp6. Ch1. LSB. Adjust ct5 for 33.8526. Tp6 shows nothing. If I key mic and send tone through mic it reads 26.xxxx. what's the deal? Need advice.

Worked like a charm. Dead on. Sam's manual is a misprint. Thank you.
It's not that the SAMS is a misprint. The way they do it works well. It's that whatever you are using to touch to TP6 is pulling the signal down so the frequency counter doesn't see it. You have to either have a very sensitive frequency counter or use a not contact type probe (sniffer).

Reactions: tecnicoloco
It's not that the SAMS is a misprint. The way they do it works well. It's that whatever you are using to touch to TP6 is pulling the signal down so the frequency counter doesn't see it. You have to either have a very sensitive frequency counter or use a not contact type probe (sniffer).
Thanks for that info. I wonder if I put my probe through a disc cap if that would help. Either way I got it done. Now to decide if I unlock clarifier or leave it stock. Decisions Decisions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.