• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tundra Mobile

Ringworm

Jun 29, 2015
I know it's not a lot, but it works for me.

2012 Tundra 4X4- Wilson 1000 - Galaxy DX95T

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    976.9 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Reactions: Flatout214

From the looks of the doors it must be the Crew Max model. I have the same truck.....2012 Tundra Crew Max with the 5.7 liter 4X4 in metallic magnetic gray. No gear in it yet but may get a 2m or 2m/70cm radio in there eventually. Mounting an antenna is the issue for me. Can't (won't) use a magmount. No place to run the coax anyway except thru the doors and that has issues. Huge sunroof eats up a lot of groundplane too. Can't use a hard roof mount because of the retractable sunroof.Can't use a glass mount on the rear window as it is a power vertical slider window. Can't use a regular stake-hole mount due to the tonneau cover. It is one damn fine truck but just not radio friendly in my application.

From the looks of the doors it must be the Crew Max model. I have the same truck.....2012 Tundra Crew Max with the 5.7 liter 4X4 in metallic magnetic gray. No gear in it yet but may get a 2m or 2m/70cm radio in there eventually. Mounting an antenna is the issue for me. Can't (won't) use a magmount. No place to run the coax anyway except thru the doors and that has issues. Huge sunroof eats up a lot of groundplane too. Can't use a hard roof mount because of the retractable sunroof.Can't use a glass mount on the rear window as it is a power vertical slider window. Can't use a regular stake-hole mount due to the tonneau cover. It is one damn fine truck but just not radio friendly in my application.

I agree, not radio friendly. I don't have the sunroof so my mag works just fine. My coax runs through the rubber boot, under the truck then up to the roof. All zip tied. My last antenna mount was a Ditch Light Mount (hood mount) with a 4' FireFly (that was an older Cobra 29 set-up), it attached to the hood hinge just near the wiper blades. Love the truck though.

Well, i'd post a photo of the hood mount, but I can't seem to figure out how to post a photo. The hood mount worked great, solid too, but not the best spot for the antenna but it was the only option I had at the time.

Nice truck. I used to able to mount a TS-440SAT under the dash of a 1985 Ranger. Now I have a 2014 F-150 and not even enough room to mount a 2 meter radio without a remote control head.

CK - Not to derail the thread but Breedlove makes a stake hole mount made to use under camper shells that mounts beautifully under a tonneau cover. I'm using one and it's so flat that the weather seal under my Xtang Trifecta molds right around it.

Nice truck. I used to able to mount a TS-440SAT under the dash of a 1985 Ranger. Now I have a 2014 F-150 and not even enough room to mount a 2 meter radio without a remote control head.

CK - Not to derail the thread but Breedlove makes a stake hole mount made to use under camper shells that mounts beautifully under a tonneau cover. I'm using one and it's so flat that the weather seal under my Xtang Trifecta molds right around it.

I own the Breedlove antenna stake hole mount, but it won't work with the newer camper shells that "curve" over the truck bed. Outstanding mounts though.

Yeah I have been looking at that. I need two ultimately. One for a light 2m/70cm antenna and another HEAVY duty one for HF in the future. My HF antenna is 10 feet long and stiff at the bottom so I need something hefty. Breedlove makes some good stuff but I have been looking at the tailgate mounting bolts and there may be enough clearance between the tailgate and the rear light to use a piece of stainless and make my own mount. Radio in the truck is not a priority so it will happen when it happens.

Nice truck.
I may have an idea, I used it for my truck with a canopy. i took a coathanger wire and made a contoured form. From that I had 1/8 stainless which I bent the shape. Used 4 screws connecting to a plate in the pocket hole. From there I mounted a ball mount onto the plate. No problems with the canopy at all.

Nice truck.
I may have an idea, I used it for my truck with a canopy. i took a coathanger wire and made a contoured form. From that I had 1/8 stainless which I bent the shape. Used 4 screws connecting to a plate in the pocket hole. From there I mounted a ball mount onto the plate. No problems with the canopy at all.

Exactly my plan when I decide to do an install. I was looking at the gap between the tailgate and rear light using the existing tailgate latch bolts or some sort of stake-hole mount. I have almost unlimited access to scrap pieces of aluminum and stainless plate from 1/8 to 1/2 inch. We use a ton of it at work.

I have a 2013 CrewMax and I have a wilson 1000 mag right now and am building a ram mount system that will be removable and sit in cup holder. I am looking for a permanent mount monkey made antenna for it soon.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated