• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner +2 ssb mic pinout to HR-2510

radiomaniacc

Jan 30, 2010
Hi to all,

I got an old Turner +2 ssb mic and I want to hook it up to my President HR-2510. Could anyone please provide the correct wiring combination or pinout for the HR-2510 ??

The mic have 4 wires: white, shield, red and black.

Thanks in advance !! :)

White wire - Microphone [+]
Shield - Microphone [-]

Black wire - PTT [+]
Red wire - PTT GND
===
Double check the PTT wiring with a VOM/DVM.

1 Audio
2 Common
3 Transmit

That is all I could find. Not too many people use the older Turner+2. IIRC; they are a high impedance mic. Dunno if it will work with this radio. Perhaps someone else has done this combination before . . .

White wire - Microphone [+]
Shield - Microphone [-]

Black wire - PTT [+]
Red wire - PTT GND
===
Double check the PTT wiring with a VOM/DVM.

1 Audio
2 Common
3 Transmit

That is all I could find. Not too many people use the older Turner+2. IIRC; they are a high impedance mic. Dunno if it will work with this radio. Perhaps someone else has done this combination before . . .

Hi Robb !

Thanks for the info... just finished the mic wiring and it key up the radio but no audio coming out :rolleyes: Maybe the audio issue could something internal on the mic. I opened the mic and everything is looking fine, just like new... will keep doing troubleshooting, but the wiring seems to be the correct one !

Any other ideas of what could be wrong ???

Hi Robb !

Thanks for the info... just finished the mic wiring and it key up the radio but no audio coming out :rolleyes: Maybe the audio issue could something internal on the mic. I opened the mic and everything is looking fine, just like new... will keep doing troubleshooting, but the wiring seems to be the correct one !

Any other ideas of what could be wrong ???

It will work on the 2510. I have used my +2 on my 2510. Check the simple things like the battery or the switch to change from relay to electronic keying.

The +2 will drive a 500-600 ohm input just fine. Just watch the gain. Double check the wiring.

Inside the mic everything looks like new... all cables and solders looks good... Also the mic element looks like new. I'm starting to be suspicious about the two tiny transistors in the amp board.

Did anyone have experience troubleshooting one of this mics ??

Just confirmed that the mic element is working and sounding gooddddddd !!!

Also tested the amp pcb transistors and they are measuring.

Now definitily the problem is on the amp pcb or the volume pcb... Or something still wrong with the pinout to the radio... Will see.

Any ideas or past experiences with this mics are welcome !

Hey Ratso; what is the correct pinout for that rig/mic anyway?

Turmer +2 to Uniden 2510 (mic plug)

White to Pin #1
Shield and black to Pin #2
Red to Pin #3

What Scout943 said is also a big issue with the older +2 and +3 mics. I spent some time recently cleaning the relays on a +3 before it had any audio.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the info guys... Something that I passed up was to check if the 9v was getting into the circuit. Checked continuity between the battery connector neg (-) lead and the chassis... curiosuly it measure open. The question seems obvious, but could someone please make the same measurement on a working +2 to be shure ??

Thanks for the info guys... Something that I passed up was to check if the 9v was getting into the circuit. Checked continuity between the battery connector neg (-) lead and the chassis... curiosuly it measure open. The question seems obvious, but could someone please make the same measurement on a working +2 to be shure ??

It does show open on mine as well.

It does show open on mine as well.

Thanks RatsoW8 ! Apparently this is something normal on this mics. The battery is only engaged when the PTT is pressed.

I'm still without audio. :headbang Cleaned the PTT metal contacts and check for continuity OK.. also touch-up all the solders on the amp board. Checked all wirings including the ones going to the mic element...

Still looking for the problem... {Cry_river} :love:

For those of you that still confused or unsure about the pinout for this particular combo (+2 & hr-2510) this is the correct combination:

white to pin # 1
shield to pin # 2
black to pin # 3
red = no connect

**Remember to put the switch to the electronic switching position**

Tested and confirmed ! It also works for the Plus Three (+3) and Super Sidekick (4 wires cable).

Have fun ! (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.