• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

twist mode

Man, they don't pay mobilization / De-mob? G GOLLY WALLY! They should make that right for y'all. Sounds like some of the offshore companies years ago. Some paid 12 hrs. goin and coming. Some did not. Once drove to St. Paul from Ponca for a job. Friend called me from another company to tell me his contact from the company that was recruiting me actually had a package that was included. I called that super and declined the job 10 miles from the plant. He inquired why? I explained, he got livid and wanted to know how I knew that. Explained I did some research, and the info came from his office. He was little set back. I just turned around and went back to Ponca. Got to see a lot, the Mississippi river is real narrow compared to Baton Rouge or New Orleans.

Man, they don't pay mobilization / De-mob? G GOLLY WALLY! They should make that right for y'all. Sounds like some of the offshore companies years ago. Some paid 12 hrs. goin and coming. Some did not. Once drove to St. Paul from Ponca for a job. Friend called me from another company to tell me his contact from the company that was recruiting me actually had a package that was included. I called that super and declined the job 10 miles from the plant. He inquired why? I explained, he got livid and wanted to know how I knew that. Explained I did some research, and the info came from his office. He was little set back. I just turned around and went back to Ponca. Got to see a lot, the Mississippi river is real narrow compared to Baton Rouge or New Orleans.
Yeah they pay, a whopping 50 bucks that's it. I spent $400 + when I used drive my f250 diesel, about half that in my Nissan frontier.

Reactions: Slowmover
Agreed. Live & Learn is our lot in this life. I’m getting rich driving a big truck!!

But as to a CTD, well, I don’t fall below 25-highway solo and can get 21-City.

15 average pulling my 35’ TT.

Spec’d It for fuel economy. Made a plan to optimize it.

Even the Dodge Boys don’t believe me. But I ain’t a gnat on a baboons butt compared to the guys who are serious.

We are a long ways from a 7-mpg 3500 pickup with a V8/440-3 & 4.10s, ain’t we?

But I sure miss using a vacuum gauge to nail the timing of the 3-2 downshift and the sound of that ThermoQuad opening the gates to hell!

WOT all the way up Raton Pass. Use a stopwatch to chart the fuel gauge drop.

Last edited:
Agreed. Live & Learn is our lot in this life. I’m getting rich driving a big truck!!

But as to a CTD, well, I don’t fall below 25-highway solo and can get 21-City.

15 average pulling my 35’ TT.

Spec’d It for fuel economy. Made a plan to optimize it.

Even the Dodge Boys don’t believe me. But I ain’t a gnat on a baboons butt compared to the guys who are serious.

We are a long ways from a 7-mpg 3500 pickup with a V8/440-3 & 4.10s, ain’t we?

But I sure miss using a vacuum gauge to nail the timing of the 3-2 downshift and the sound of that ThermoQuad opening the gates to hell!

WOT all the way up Raton Pass. Use a stopwatch to chart the fuel gauge drop.

I can believe that. My 2002 ctd stayed around 20mpg when it was my daily driver. The best I ever got was got 24mpg on a trip to San Antonio. I think would have done better with the stock turbo. My average milage dropped from the low 20s to 17-18 after the 62mm turbo....it was worth it.

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
I can believe that. My 2002 ctd stayed around 20mpg when it was my daily driver. The best I ever got was got 24mpg on a trip to San Antonio. I think would have done better with the stock turbo. My average milage dropped from the low 20s to 17-18 after the 62mm turbo....it was worth it.

It’s when I tell them 27-MPG some trips, they balk. But that’s with only 1,600-lbs in the bed. Just hit the highway and set the cruise control.

None think to ask all the other details which make it possible.

Over thirty I’ve done also. Short trip, right road, motivated driver.

It’s sorta like telling someone your daily driver pickup can turn 11’s in the quarter-mile.

Somebody, somewhere has that time slip.

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
It’s when I tell them 27-MPG some trips, they balk. But that’s with only 1,600-lbs in the bed. Just hit the highway and set the cruise control.

None think to ask all the other details which make it possible.

Over thirty I’ve done also. Short trip, right road, motivated driver.

It’s sorta like telling someone your daily driver pickup can turn 11’s in the quarter-mile.

Somebody, somewhere has that time slip.

Do you live up to your username on the road?

I do like Ford but it came down to the Diesel engine. The 7.3 had a cult following but I didn't like the fuel system.
I'll admit that Cummings diesel is a beast, my F250 is a 2006 with the 6.0 powerstroke a lot of people trash talk the 6.0 but knock on wood I've had good luck with it. I've got the egr delete a programmer that does absolutely nothing for fuel mileage 17.5 with or without it, and just replaced normal things like batteries, ficom, u joints, locking hubs, originals were trashed replaced the front end at 198000.
I've got 224000 on it now, so as long as you don't drive it like a teenager headed to your first prom I don't think it's a bad motor. O yeah I do need to replace my cab mount bushings I can thank time and a chug hole on an Indiana highway for that. LOL

About ready to twist off, The drilling company I work for in West Virginia sent us to New Milford, Pa, that added 7hrs to my commute to and from work. And once we get to PA they tell us that we're going to a rig that got quarantined to replace the sick crew!! We all refused and now it's up in the air as to what's going to happen to us, I'm sure we all now have a big target on our backs. But we don't feel this job is worth risking the health of ourselves or our families, my wife has COPD and I feel if I brought home The Coronavirus it won't be good. Don't get me wrong I need the job but to what extent? I feel it's an unnecessary risk to take, I already feel I'm taking a big risk just traveling to work as it is. And to think my company's motto is THE RIGHT PEOPLE DOING THE RIGHT THING. I beg to differ :mad:

Ran into a situation where my choice was family or career. I just said I was looking for a job when found this one you MFer. The paycheck I can replace, My family never.
At that point he said some hostile things and I stood up and he came towards me I doubled up my fist and looked him square in the eye and said do not even think about it.
You might be my supervisor but I will defend my self and toss you out that window when I'm done. He swallowed hard and sat back down. I said are we done? Get out! was his response.
In short keep family safe.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.