• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UhOh, Did Uncle Charlie Wake Up?

That's a warning letter, if he has any sense at all he will cease prohibited activity and that will be the end of it.
If not it's on him.
I have seen people refuse to allow them in the house, and even send a letter of " apparent Liability" that was also refused.
They then tried to fine him $7000.00
He never stopped.
They never collected the fine.
He passed away several years later with no further enforcement action.
It really took the wind out of the FCC's sails when they admitted in court that they can not search your house without a warrant...

Jeff

Sorry, but I just had to post this ........

Thomas WARMOUTH?

That sounds like fighting words ................. :ROFLMAO: (couldn't pass it up)

How did UC find out .... bragging on the air could be one way ........
I run a Cobra 29GTL with a very rare "Rad Shack Side-Band-Kit", which works great, with an SWR match of 0.01:1 ............. I know it's a modified radio, but the guy at the counter, at Rad Shack, said it was legal.

No mention of what was being interfered with, but like everything else, they only blame the radio and the excessive power level on a CB channel.
There must be some pretty bad equipment in his neighborhood, most of it stating, on a tag somewhere, something like "this equipment can accept interference, but can not interfere with other equipment" ...... that stuff is everywhere now causing noise problems to our radios.

What would UC say if Thomas was a Ham on 10 meters and running the legal limit that was causing the interference (since we don't know the facts)? They would go back to the complainers and tell them to get their equipment fixed or go back to the manufacturer for a fix.

I did an online search and found his location (too easy) ........
Besides the ones that complained about him causing interference, and all his neighbors very close to him (in all those Faraday cages) ..... In the future, he will be blamed for anything that comes up ............ even if he didn't do it ............ even if his radio was off ............ even if he moved away.

Shame on us all, for having a "CB radio station without an individual license" ...... good thing I purchased mine in the '70s and still have it put away. It's apparent that the person who wrote that citation did not go back to read all the updates to "Part 95" about having a license for CB use. Thomas can never claim to have one! ........................... But I do remember an inspection sticker on a car that was made with Crayons!

So how would one get that license today? Is this going to be something else to buy for $35.00 in the near future?

I can almost smell what UC is cooking ............

Think about it ............

Reactions: walterjn
I think the key thing is he was causing interference to his neighbor's electronics. What are the odds he's running a splatterbox into an amp and turning everything up to 11?
The neighbor has to be the key. They know somebody who knows somebody, etc. til Charlie got tired of hearing them bitch and they tracked the source. Meanwhile, they ignore the rest of the country.

My bet is he's running a modded real radio into a standard issue Splatter Amp and the neighbors finally had enough of Alexa not answering their questions about good Chinese near me and who has the cheapest toilet paper this week.

Look at a waterfall display anytime 11m is open and the splatter is almost band-wide. This guy was annoying one neighbor and they felt the need to track him down. Kind of a joke.........

7 3

yes, the FCC is not a law enforcement agency.
I had them come to my house with a county
sheriff deputy, back in 1993 or so. After I refused the
FCC guy with a "little badge" entry into my house,
he told the sheriff there is nothing they could do, and they
took off. Then I got letters in the mail with a fine.
I just ignored it. It went away.
They must get the US Marshalls service involved and
have them get a search warrant issued by a judge.
The US Marshall service has "bigger fish to fry."
Not someone like me at the time, drinking lots of beer,
and playing hardcore punk music from my homebrewed
IRF510 HEXFET 10 watt transmitter on 4915 and 7417 kHz.

Reactions: Cable Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.