• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Under performing base station remedy

UPDATE: I brought my radio to a real radio shop in the Wilmington Delaware area. R&R radio shop. It’s very nice to go to a shop. Tim tested my radio and checked out just fine. on the a.m. side it keyed a little over 4 W and the single sideband side was a little weak at 6 to 8 W Which is low and they’re going to keep it and adjust it to accommodate the amplifier I’m about to get. I have some words for that shop that I sent it to that I won’t repeat here. The founding owner and key technician of the shop of 49 years passed away suddenly in April and they are still reeling from the vacuum.
RIP

Russ AMF Memorial.jpg

UPDATE: I brought my radio to a real radio shop in the Wilmington Delaware area. R&R radio shop. It’s very nice to go to a shop. Tim tested my radio and checked out just fine. on the a.m. side it keyed a little over 4 W and the single sideband side was a little weak at 6 to 8 W Which is low and they’re going to keep it and adjust it to accommodate the amplifier I’m about to get. I have some words for that shop that I sent it to that I won’t repeat here. The founding owner and key technician of the shop of 49 years passed away suddenly in April and they are still reeling from the vacuum.
I dropped off my radio May 25th and I just got an email that it is ready—-three months later.I am grateful to have it looked at.

That same day in May, little did i know that I would recieve in the mail, traffic camera speeding ticket(s) going to and coming from North Wilmington, DE $100 each way. Pretty stupid hobby on my part.

There is a shop in Richmond Virginia that calls himself Rolling Radios and the guys name is William. He is spoken highly of. He is a Administrator in CB Radio Forum so I'm going to send my Galaxy DX 2547 to him for a bunch of Mods. Don't know how close you are to Richmond !

I just fired my radio up and it is amazing! I just spoke to someone briefly in Jamaica on LSB SOOOooooo cool. R&R Communications in Wilmington is a terrific company! Justin has worked on radios since he was 15 and I think he said he was 56....They fixed everything they found wrong with my radio. replaced a final. adjusted this and that...I will take a picture of all the stuff they replaced. The radio dead keys at 3 and swings to 4 and on SSB keys at I forget but swings to nearly 12. It has not done that in decades. They only charged me $95 for everything they did. I gave them a good tip for their attention to my radio..... I cannot say enough good.

Attachments

• IMG_6933.jpeg
    IMG_6933.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1846.jpeg
    IMG_1846.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.