• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980..... Best Sound Quality Mic?

The ones I have used below seem to all work well with the 980.
1. RF Limited 2018 extreme
2. CR577 (haven't used this one, but have heard it used and it does sound good
3. Uniden wireless made for these radios
4. Older uniden MK516 mic
Hope this helps some. I would try a 2018 extreme mic first. No echo. Just use the power mic and the noise reduction switch as well. Mic gain will vary, but I've found that 1/4-1/2 mic gain and set the echo to zero. You may also want to adjust the radios mic gain. Make sure you use a good battery in the mic as well. 9v alkaline or better. JMHO's. Again, hope some of it helps. Have a great day!

Dangit man!! That does suck. Might be able to score on eBay?? Hope you find something. I am sure there are other mics that work well with the radio. The ones I posted are ones I know work well with it.

Here is a nice used microphone if you can afford it..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/112243233868
$_57.JPG

Those Astatic 575 mics always bring crazy money on E-Bay. Over the years I have stumbled across 2-3 that were new in the box and I doubled my money every time.

The sl41 is much cleaner sounding than the road king. The Turner telex road king has better noise canceling. The new rk56 doesn't cut out the background noise so well and some stock mics sound better.

The 577 and 2018 are good mics. I have both of them but don't care to use them mobile. Don't like how they feel or the knobs that are easily turned.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.