• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 SSB

i would think it should be fine, i leave my rci 2950dx in the car year round...goes from about 110 in the summer to 0 degrees in the winters. no problems so far.

good luck

Well, I enjoyed that, seems that the mod posted a few weeks ago does appear to work.

He also demostrated that it can be done with common man tools, lol.

I would do the mod as well.

Thanks for that video link

Well, I enjoyed that, seems that the mod posted a few weeks ago does appear to work.

He also demostrated that it can be done with common man tools, lol.

I would do the mod as well.

Thanks for that video link

Your welcome.

Yeah, I noticed the tool set. :D

SMT or not, removal of that resistor to get rid of that beep seems like a very easy choice to make.

i was so excited when i saw the BEEP mod i grabbed some tools and just did it,,, beep is gone, mod works!,,,

on an external speaker if you really listen close you can faintly here the beep but it is nothing compared to stock. very happy now!

Yup, it works! Still there but can hardly hear it. Gettin hard to see this small stuff :sad: Oh and I read Uniden has not and has no intention on releasing a service manual so this is probobly it for this radio

Last edited:
yall should get those kids that crack the firmware in ps3's and xbox360s involved those kids break barriers on products that were made impossible to crack.Go on a crack forum where they do system hacks for like chinese dingoo handhelds etc modding forums tell one of em to pick up a 980ssb and crack it you would be surprised challenge they like challenges

Does anybody know how to test ssb pep with an a static swr and power meter? Because I would like to turn up my modulation and keep the carrier in legal ranges I just want more solid ssb performance and punchy audio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.