• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 SSB

LOL

enjoy it for what it is, and I think it's going to be a good one.

so often we complain that there are not any good radios being put out and so on and so forth...

Well here it is, it can't be everything. So it won't go 10-12 meters. We all have more than enough radios to cover them twice over.

:p

enjoy

Reactions: 1 person
Need more power? Run an amp.

Kind of what I thought ... It's easier to pull a train with a big diesel that with a briggs & stratton. If the radio is kept @ 75% it'll last longer, sound cleaner and drive an amp a lot better, That way you can have a kazillion splatter watts and keep the radio intact.

LOL

enjoy it for what it is, and I think it's going to be a good one.

so often we complain that there are not any good radios being put out and so on and so forth...

Well here it is, it can't be everything. So it won't go 10-12 meters. We all have more than enough radios to cover them twice over.

:p

enjoy

I say who cares id rather have a radio that has good ears than one that swings like a windshield wiper. Look at the old 23 CH rigs from back in the day. Most of them didn't do much for power but they made up for that in receive. Some of them to this day have the BEST receivers ever made....

Got mine Monday and like it a lot. Like CB Radio Magazine said they sure are down on power but after a good tune, it really talks very well on AM and SSB. I have had no drift at all, Hello Galaxy, did you hear that?? NO DRIFT. No Sailboat issues with this baby. I paid 150 and feel it was a good deal for such a good working SSB radio. Now to figure out channel mods and unlock the clairfier.

Attachments

• uniden 980 6-18-2012.jpg
    uniden 980 6-18-2012.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.