• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 SSB

Uniden BEARCAT980SSB CB Radio
Here is a link to the radio for about 145.00:p:

Has anyone bought from this web site before?
The only reason I ask is because they have no phone number or address. The only way to contact them is via email and they have a no refund policy everyone should read.

Any experiences or feed back from buying from this web site would be appreciated.

Then use M42duster's card. :laugh:

Seriously though, I would not buy anything from that site. NO information at all other than how to give them your credit card information so they can take your money.

RT307

The unidens are selling on eBay look at completed.
Go big.or go home superwackpack !!!!!!!!!!
★ Sent from my Droid★

Got mine Monday, lot more stable on SSB that any Galaxy that I ever had, after a bit of a tune it seems to work very well. It's no screamer but for 150 for a stable SSB radio, it gets my vote

Reactions: 2 people
Then use M42duster's card. :laugh:

Seriously though, I would not buy anything from that site. NO information at all other than how to give them your credit card information so they can take your money.

RT307

You can call your credit card company and request a one time use number. It would only be good for one purchase. If you get a turd, credit card company will fix you up. I use single use numbers on all foreign orders.

Reactions: 1 person
You can call your credit card company and request a one time use number. It would only be good for one purchase. If you get a turd, credit card company will fix you up. I use single use numbers on all foreign orders.

Good tip!

RT307

I think the 980 is just a really super cool looking rig.... Im thinking Uniden might have a winner here.. TAKE NOTICE COBRA!!!!

Overview video should be ready tomorrow. Pots are labeled easy to peak but as stated before not a huge swinging radio. Small size.

AM 4 watts swinging 10 after turning up AMC

SSB 15 watts peak after adj ALC

This is after 2 hours of messing around so it may be capable of more but that's where we're at right now.

Recieve is great and pretty quiet as far as white noise.

With a desk mike and kicker in line I did some talking and was told the audio was really good. Stock mike kinda sucked.

So not a big swinger but stable didn't touch the clarifier and everyone said I was dead on out of the box. I need to do 2-3 hours of talking and really heat it up to see how it does during hard operation.

Overview video should be ready tomorrow. Pots are labeled easy to peak but as stated before not a huge swinging radio. Small size.

AM 4 watts swinging 10 after turning up AMC

SSB 15 watts peak after adj ALC

This is after 2 hours of messing around so it may be capable of more but that's where we're at right now.

Recieve is great and pretty quiet as far as white noise.

With a desk mike and kicker in line I did some talking and was told the audio was really good. Stock mike kinda sucked.

So not a big swinger but stable didn't touch the clarifier and everyone said I was dead on out of the box. I need to do 2-3 hours of talking and really heat it up to see how it does during hard operation.

Exciting ! Looking forward to your review.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.