• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Bc880- No Receive Audio

Boll Weevil

Mar 2, 2014
SW PA
A co-worker of mine has a Uniden 880 that lost its audio. It transmits fine and the rx light will come on when the squelch is backed off, but there is no sound coming from the internal or external speaker. I opened it up and didn't see any obvious issues and with my limited skills, I'm not about to mess with smt. I just wanted to check on here before telling him to take it to a shop.

Thanks

Many radios use the mic circuit to complete the audio when the mic is not keyed, try a different mic but be sure to use the same type of mic! This could mean a broken wire in the mic connection or the coiled cable itself. If so you may need a mic repair or a new one.

73 mechanic

I had a Uniden that had similar problems from using an ext. speaker if I took the cover off an pressed on the jack the audio would work it had a bad solder joint .

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to try another mic when he first gave it to me but forgot about needing the 6 to 4 pin adapter. I hope to to get that from him this week. If that doesn't work I'll check again for a bad solder joint.

The issue was in fact in the mic. I'm not sure how he had it hanging in the truck, but there was stress put on the wires at the back of the plug.

Thanks again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.