• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden hr 2600 with chipswitch

See Below:

ERROR MESSAGES

If the HR2510/HR2600/LINCOLN detects an error with any of the programmed data, or during OPERATE MODE, an ERROR CODE will be displayed on the frequency display. The format of the ERROR CODE is as follows:

"Err X"

where X is:

0 = Transmitter Timeout timer has timed-out
1 = Transmit Frequency is lower than TX Lockout Lower Limit (programmed)
2 = Transmit Frequency is greater than TX Lockout Higher Limit
3 = Phase-locked-loop (PLL) won't lock at this transmit frequency
4 = PLL is intermittently coming out of lock during transmit

If your radio displays error 3 or 4, don't keep trying to transmit on this frequency. The cause of the problem could be low power supply voltage to the radio or the radio's VCO loop needs adjustment.

So, in the 2 years it has been sitting, some component value has changed causing the PLL not to lock.
Service manual will have alignment but you may find that there are caps in the radio have dried out and causing the problem.

Jeff

Reactions: USXDriver
Thanks for the help gentleman,after leaving it on all day while I was at work,
I returned and did a reset ,and it appears to be working fine!But I would like to
have it gone thru by someone who knows these radios with the chipswitch!Any recommendations?

Regards,
Strikesmith

Thanks for the help gentleman,after leaving it on all day while I was at work,
I returned and did a reset ,and it appears to be working fine!But I would like to
have it gone thru by someone who knows these radios with the chipswitch!Any recommendations?

Regards,
Strikesmith
If it's working now ..... I'd be happy and talk on it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.