• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden pro 510 xl

One of the Loudest CB's I have Ever owned,used,or heard with a D-104 desk microphone on it.It was louder than my DAK X,DAK IX,TRAM D201A,or GOLDEN EAGLE MK IVA.It's an Audio Monster.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
MOSFET mod?

Um, why?

My experience is that the drawbacks outweigh any advantage this would offer.

Just to start, you'd have to talk someone who is qualified into working it out and writing it up. And then posting it onto the web.

Just seems like anybody with that much skill would also have the wisdom to do something else with his/her time.

MOSFET mod?

Um, why?

My experience is that the drawbacks outweigh any advantage this would offer.

Just to start, you'd have to talk someone who is qualified into working it out and writing it up. And then posting it onto the web.

Just seems like anybody with that much skill would also have the wisdom to do something else with his/her time.

Um because I wanted to and I have like 20 of these radios and it was something I wanted to do in my time. If no one knows how thats fine .

I thought these forums was to help not discourage maybe that's why the radio hobby is dying out .
Nomad is pointing out that you will gain nothing doing the swap.
Nomad has helped more people repair radios than you will ever run into in this hobby, nothing discouraging about his posting, just sharing his many years of experience.
If you want to just because, there is no step by step as he pointed out , it's going to require some experimenting , trial and error.

Jeff

Reactions: NZ8N
Is the mod for transmit or receive?
The mosfet mod is for transmit. They have it for cobra 25 and 29 there was no need to do a mosfet mod on those radios either but someone had the idea of doing them so as of today it's being done and there is info posted for that. not that it gives the radio any gain but it's a modification that some people enjoy doing and some just want to see bigger numbers on the meter. I was just wondering if anyone had done the mod before and if so what is it that has to be done to perform the mod. No worries I didn't mean to cause a issue . There is a lot of things in life that people want to do and there is no better outcome than if they didn't do it but no harm in trying or asking.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.