• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden washington

I caught it, theres' a coil down there, like a super swinger - but CT3 is removed...
PC385Trimmer.jpg

Not always shown on schematic either...

Oh! Found it - never mind!
By and for Super Swinger choke....

PC385Trimmerfound.jpg

Carry on...or Chive on...

Last edited:
Yessir, the "Super Swinger" mod choke - see it pasted all over some old (Cu) Electronics "C.B. Tune Up Manuals" - Klondike Mike cleaned up a few of them from anothers ' upload.

Ez2cDave - and Klondike Mike worked on these...
Cb radio Service Manuals CB Tune Up Manuals...

Many thanks to them for making the effort to preserve, if not maintain (SIC), a way of life...
(y):)(y)

It is a mess back there but I think they did a quick fix and may not have put everything back together correctly in your speaker section...looks like it needs some work but otherwise the radio is in really good condition!
PC385Speakerroute.jpg

All you need is a Top/Bottom pic of a working Washington to help you clean that up.

Don't give up too quick...

I can easily see there were several mods done, and you have a "blue wire jumper" on the bottom of that board telling me that it isn't right. So why it's there? You just need even a 142 to help you sort this out - got any on the shelf back there?

Be careful with that - for many pics are copies of the original and traveled the world several times and landed on servers allowing for quicker searches from the cloud...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?