• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden washington

yes has tone now but I'm suspecting there is a wrong resistor in r101 might have to do with volume issue as it calls for a 1.8m ohm resistor and what's in there is a 2.2 m ohm resistor in there now.

That wouldn't put it overboard. IT may be more of what I hi-lighted in a previous post.

A shorted cap can put that thing into overdrive - you may even be able to feel some heat from the part as it runs hotter to dissipate the thermal side...

The Bias itself isn't the problem - you'd need an OPEN resistor to encounter the overdrive. I'd look more at the caps in that section - two are highlited

But also C180 and it's support components are involved, for if they can't send a signal to force the emitter legs potential difference to become equal to the Collector side - TR13 stays on ... a voltage drop across the Collector to Emitter means - it's got game.
Squelchsupport.jpg
In this application of design, the amp TR13 is - works because the voltage drop across the part Collector to Emitter - but if one of the support components that toggle this effect is not working - you have a different ballgame.

So again,. does squelch work?

IF only partially then check those caps!

You have amazing patience. By this time I would have thrown it off the roof, shot it, ran over it with the truck, and burnt it with fire.

I really like my Uniden Washington and am sorry you are having such a hassle with yours. o_O

409126584.jpg

hello guys I have a uniden washington has no am ,USB lsb no carrier but modulation swings is 100% and recieve works well any help would be appreciated.
If the Washington hasn't been recapped it's best to do so. Those caps are passed their life expectancy. You may eventually Trace down the problem, but will most likely run into other problems. I'm not saying that's what's causing your issue because my knowledge is just about zero when it comes to the technical issue you're having. I've read not all but some of the replies, and if you'll notice they're all over the place. It's been my experience that recapping a transceiver of this vintage is the first thing that should be done. Along with an alignment. If those two things haven't been done yet I would suggest doing so, and if the problem continues 2xist you'll know what it's not. And that's a capacitor causing the issue. Hope you get it working. Good luck 73

Reactions: sonoma

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.