• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Wireless Microphone

cbradiomagazine.com

2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana
Jan 3, 2007
Just finished doing a video of this new microphone. It's been out for a couple of weeks but I finally picked one up.

Very cool. Was able to shoot some DX sitting in my living room while my Uniden 980 + KL203 was sitting in the shack :)

Uniden BC906W Wireless Microphone Review - YouTube

I did however try out the "find" feature late last night and it didn't work and now it seems the cradle won't sync with the microphone. I'll have to put a call into Uniden to see what the issue is but other than that problem it seems like a very cool device.

I can actually see it being more useful for the hobby market in a home base environment.

I was thinking about wiring one for a non uniden radio,, should not be to bad, just need to get the audio out to the mic cord or adapter that I would make. the uniden 680,880,980ssb must have an audio out signal on one of the mic pins

I don't think a lot of people realize its a wireless speaker as well as the wireless mic

Well,it was on CBRadioMagazine's YouTube list so I thought it might have something important. The guy was thinking that with a 6-4 pin adapter,you could wire this bird to other radios as well. Selah!

im thinking about getting one and wiring it to a optima mk3,, should be pretty easy as the mk3 already has the 8v+ at the mic connector,, would just have to grab the audio out signal from the speaker jack or from the clearspeech dsp I have plugged into the radio,, I also have a 980ssb here in my sons room to use to figure out the wiring

im thinking about getting one and wiring it to a optima mk3,, should be pretty easy as the mk3 already has the 8v+ at the mic connector,, would just have to grab the audio out signal from the speaker jack or from the clearspeech dsp I have plugged into the radio,, I also have a 980ssb here in my sons room to use to figure out the wiring

I wonder if it would work on my CRE-8900 ? #6 pin is hot.

Uniden has really produced a turd with this new SSB mobile,. Its basically worthless to the guys that like to tinker and mod.. Ill never own one..................

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.