• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Wireless Microphone

Yes, looks like there is the possibility it might work with some other radios which would be awesome and I don't think Uniden would mind the extra sales since the mic is just as expensive as some of their radios :)

From what Simon was saying it requires a bit of work and the mod still needs some additional tweaking but definitely seems possible.

Tested out the distance today - in a clear line of sight the microphone can definitely work at 150+ feet. I had the radio/receiver cradle hooked up inside my garage today and walked to the mailbox with the microphone. I lost connection when I walked behind another house but that was past 150 feet (counting my steps, I wear size 13's so might have even been a bit further.

If you had the radio mounting on your second story with the cradle sitting in a window you might get close to 200-300 feet in a clear line of sight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I think this mic can be made to work on all 6 pin radios rci 2950 ,hr 2510, 5010 etc also there is a receiving 1.9ghz antenna in the cradle if a larger base antenna with gain could be added to it and placed on roof I could see it working 1-2 miles In every direction. I had a similar setup in the early 90,s with a 900meg cordless phone I could all over my neighborhood

With a few "mods" it could be kinda cool..any delay when keying the mic to when the transmitter is keyed? Also any idea on what modulation technique it uses back and forth as well as the frequency? That would be interesting to find out and see if that in terms of analog or digital bandwidth would affect the A.F. frequency response of the mic. Thinking of.a cool project it might be worthwhile to prototype a couple things over here. I am thinking an adapter for it with.AF input from the speaker jack and maybe a couple other ideas. The fact that is had pairing abilties makes me think it might be using bluetooth or dect techniques..anything in the manual on this?

No delay as far as I can tell. It uses DECT 6.0 for the connection similar to your standard Uniden Portable phone.

I know people have been asking for some large images to look at so here ya go.

Uniden_BC906W.jpg

Uniden_BC906W_Board.jpg

Uniden_BC906W_Board_2.jpg

uniden bearcat wireless mic for other radio's.. I was going to pick up one of these mics and make a box to adapt it to other 4 pin radio's with a power supply and audio plug to get the audio to the mic base,, just haven't had any time lately. but did find this online, someone else has the same basic idea:

impressões - Microfone Wireless UNIDEN Bearcat BC906W | propagacaoaberta.com.br

I will probly just wait now for the new president lincoln2 radio to try out, it has the wireless mic option also and looks to be the same mic as the uniden/bearcat wireless mic

Last edited:
Bumped for salivation: whaddaya mean you ain’t got one? Why, there’s that one feller on wdx rolls an entire cart full’a radios to the shooter, cables trailin’ and all, when he’s need’n a sit-down. You just needja one a these instead!

No special effects to pay for when you can make your own.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Now that I have a 980, I will have to get one of these. With the remote having it's own battery, it would be really easy to put a condenser element in it. Unless it already has one. Or build it into a headset and put the ptt on some kind of vox control. Use a keychain remote to do channel up / down and build it into the mic. The possibilities are endless......

Reactions: Slowmover
Now that I have a 980, I will have to get one of these. With the remote having it's own battery, it would be really easy to put a condenser element in it. Unless it already has one. Or build it into a headset and put the ptt on some kind of vox control. Use a keychain remote to do channel up / down and build it into the mic. The possibilities are endless......
I have one for sale message me

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I just sent one back to Uniden. Started out car charger that came with it wouldn't charge mike. Used my old cell phone charger and charged for over 12 hours then used for a few hours and mike got so it had red led flashing, tried to turn mike off and couldn't get any response out of it. I had to remove battery to stop mike led from flashing. Don't know what Uniden is going to do with it but they received today. Didn't last but about 5 days. I liked it while it worked. I have radio in my work shop and used mike with me inside house and it worked great.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated