• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Wireless Microphone

Ide have a a use for a few of these but....have to do some investigating and searching for info on how its wired and to make sure it can be used with adaptors for other radios and HF Rigs.

I have a suspicion that its pretty much gonna be married to the new Uniden line of radios in its wiring shceme :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
EMAN from the forum was able to discover a reset for the mic cradle if it isn't able to snyc properly. The red light on mine was flashing and won't go to a steady red to sync with the mic and there were no instructions anywhere on how to do this.

I think EMAN saved some people some headaches by figuring this one out :)

UNIDEN BC906W RESET

With the cradle connected to the radio and the RADIO and MICROPHONE both TURNED ON, PRESS and HOLD the FIND/SYNC button on the CRADLE until the RED LED flashes faster. Then release the FIND/SYNC cradle button.

Next PRESS and HOLD BOTH of the VOLUME BUTTONS ONLY on the microphone until the microphone LED flashes a faster GREEN only. Then release the microphone volume buttons.

(The cradle RED LED and the microphone GREEN LED are now both flashing fast.)

The next steps are automatic and occur as follows:

FIRST: The CRADLE RED LED will go to a slow flashing indication.

SECOND: The MICROPHONE LED will go to a solid GREEN, (not flashing),
LED indication.

THIRD: The CRADLE LED will go to a solid RED, (not flashing), LED indication and receive audio will return to the microphone. Wireless microphone is now synced and ready to use.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I was also curious about the audio through the mic on output also as far as the recieve through its speaker is it easy to hear and understand?? I heard it on the video but whats your opinion when listening to it live??

Audio through the mic is pretty good, similar to a good sounding hand held radio.

Just to give you guys some more examples of the audio I made another video, a little more fun this time :)

Uniden BC906W Wireless Microphone Audio Test - YouTube

Haven't had a chance to record the transmitted audio but from the audio checks I got on the air today it seems like it sounds similar to the stock microphone. The Uniden 980 is pretty good on SSB even with the stock microphone so I'm guessing it sounds very clean and clear, but it's never going to be a audio monster and on AM it's probably quite tame.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I was just trying to show that if you are one of those people that leave your radio on 24-7 you could just turn off the mic when you're done and hit the hay and then turn it back on in the morning.

I guess if you really wanted you could leave it on for those other nightly activities if you really were that worried about missing a contact :w00t:

I heard you on 38LSB today. Sounded good. I was in my garage on my Kenwood D72A HT listening through skycommand.

A squelch/rf gain control would be nice along with a small LCD screen of S/RF meter. Now if everyone's radio would emit a tone signal so that a radio properly equipped would squelch out undesired signals.
Instead,Slave it over to a smartphone app using Bluetooth. That would be the cat's meow!
P.S. a slave device would be plugged into the radio.

Last edited:
Hmmm. A PTT tethered app via the Internet with full radio controls could be within reason for a modern SMT radio. It's push buttons and 'fly by wire' knobs anyway.

To stay within the rules for remote keying it would have to be Bluetooth. The part that plugs into the radio would have to be designed to inter face with it. The whole thing would have to be designed,developed,and etc. Or wifi

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.