• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

United States federal government shutdown of 2013

how many times has Obama threatened to shut down.
every time he don't get his way. to many to count

The Republicans are acting like children on this debt ceiling issue and the last one too. With this congress officially being the most "Do Nothing" in American history, nothing can be done.
The GOP are screwing up big time and will lose in a landslide if they refuse to start thinking about the country first.

Haha @ the Obama putdowns/blame game. Does anyone watch CSPAN where the real action is...?

Unfortunately people will watch MSNBC and Fox News.....then swear by every word. Truth means nothing on political threads.

Unfortunately people will watch MSNBC and Fox News.....then swear by every word. Truth means nothing on political threads.

I'm done reading the fictional nonsense people run with from CNN msnbc foxnews etc:screwy:

The Republicans are acting like children on this debt ceiling issue and the last one too. With this congress officially being the most "Do Nothing" in American history, nothing can be done.
The GOP are screwing up big time and will lose in a landslide if they refuse to start thinking about the country first.

Psycho, this isn't 1996. Far more Americans have their eyes wide open. Incidentally, the current issues isn't the debt ceiling -- that'll come on the 17th of October. The current "issue" is the fiscal funding of the government.

Psycho, this isn't 1996. Far more Americans have their eyes wide open. Incidentally, the current issues isn't the debt ceiling -- that'll come on the 17th of October. The current "issue" is the fiscal funding of the government.

It's hard to be informed on anything with the left and right media bias. The internet is full of nonsense too.
There is a proper way to get rid of a passed law that you don't agree without putting the government at a standstill. I thought the left was off the chain but the GOP bit their chain off and jumped off the cliff.
If the GOP had all the solutions, why was the economy blown up after 8 years of Bush.
People vote for congressmen because of all the government they bring to the districts......of course these same voters bellyache when the debt ceiling needs to be raised.

It all has to do with responsibility as these politicians have the most prestigious job in America and they can't agree and do their jobs as responsible Government officials and put us the American public on the back burner on most decisions they make and usually that's done with the lobbyists influence and the size of their checkbooks, it looks like this Government has litterly sold us out Bill Clinton sold us out of jobs with NAFTA and during that same time period Hillery was pushing healthcare which is now Obamacare which us Retirees are going to and am going to be hurt by the extra costs that Medicare was supposed to be for and that I was paying into all my working career that doesn't cover what it used to cover and are still cutting what it used to cover.
This Government may be the greatest and this country may be the best there is, but this Government is no longer for we the people and they could care less what we have to go through to make it through the craziness of their actions.
Money talks and bullsh walks and it's always been that way and probably always will be.

I can't even imagine how the Indians felt when all these Government officials told the tribes that they had to move off of their land that they had for Generations and the wars began in the beginning of this country in the name of progress. I had to edit this to reflect the Mexicans as well as they owned half of the USA at that time period.

To bad to said, but Merle had it right and expressed it in his song when he said we're on a snowball headed for hell.
All well enough ranting.:bdh:
Merle Haggard -- Are The Good Times Really Over - YouTube
73's

Last edited:
"It all has to do with responsibility as these politicians have the most prestigious job in America..."

Yeah, I keep saying that to myself every time I tune the channel. I keep saying it to myself in the hope that, if I say it loudly and often enough, I might just believe it.

Why do we consider these jobs so... prestigious??? Why? If they were, wouldn't we all be applying for them?

No?

Gee, I wonder why. It might be because we all know that, in order to get into that line of work, you've got to crawl through a political pipe full of $hite just to get elected.

Who's willing to do that? Well, we get the idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said on the Senate floor that it is "cruel" to promise pay in the future but not allow federal workers to go back to work while the shutdown continues. "It's really cruel to tell workers they'll receive back pay once the government opens and then refuse to open the government," he said. "Let's open the government."

Ha ha ha...yeah I'm sure the government employees are crying their eyes out. I wish I was so lucky. Government furlough turns into paid vacation.

Last edited:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...bill-allowing-back-pay-for-furloughed-workers

House Passes Bill Allowing Back Pay For Furloughed Workers

by*BILL CHAPPELLOctober 05, 201311:42 AMiWin McNamee/Getty ImagesFederal workers who were furloughed by a government shutdown will receive back pay once they return to work, if a bill approved by the House of Representatives Saturday meets Senate approval. The White House has said it favors such a move.The vote came after the U.S. government began the fifth day of a shutdown that has put 800,000 people out of work. The bill was approved without a vote against it. The Senate is expected to hold its own Saturday session that begins at midday.The back-pay bill is one of several piecemeal funding measures the House has taken up since the shutdown began. Others include money for "veterans' benefits, nutrition assistance for low-income women and children, and emergency and disaster recovery," as*C-SPAN reports.Update at 12:20 p.m. ET: Funding For Military Religious ServicesAs NPR's David Welna reports for our Newscast unit, the House also passed a bill that would allow military chaplains to hold services this weekend."House Republicans expressed outrage that military chaplains might be prevented from holding services because of the shutdown," David says.During debate on the measure, Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kan., asked, "Is it really the policy of this administration to make church services illegal? To threaten Catholic priests with jail?""Only one House member opposed a resolution allowing the chaplains to do their jobs,".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?