• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Upcoming Review: Kentli AA & AAA Rechargeable Li-Io Batt's & Chgr.

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hi gang, Rechargeable 9V Li-ions have been around a few years and in 2018 I believe, a company called Kentli out of China has produced them in AA & AAA's. Have purchased the below set (4 AA, 4 AAA & charger) on eBay today for $46.39 / free ship via the slow boat. Will probably take around a month to come in. Have good reviews on Amazon. More product offerings and a bit cheaper on eBay. Will put through the paces and review when they come in. Should be the AA & AAA thing of the future as they get cheaper in time. Anybody in the group already use these?
The AA are 3000ma, AAA 1,2000ma

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5v-Rechargeable-Li-ion-battery-for-cameras-4-AA-4-AAA-4-slots-Smart-Charger/273130007620?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

Several years ago I bought a bunch of AA nickel/metal hydride batteries for my MFJ-269 antenna analyzer. There were 2700mA/hr and take FOREVER to charge up in the analyzer due to the capacity and the low trickle rate of charge. They last almost forever in it however. I forget the brand name but they were a regular off-the-shelf brand. Expen$ive at the time but worth it IMHO.

I use Maha and Bonai. My Maha charger holds 6 AA and AAA. Works really well. Batteries hold up good.

My first Maha charger went poof about 6 years ago. I bought it off ebay, but Maha swapped it out. It was way out of warranty too. Good service.

Cramming a 3.7 volt Lipo cell into an AA enclosure, and sticking a 3.7 volt to 1.5 volt regulator inside was a stroke of genius. The only catch is a proprietary charger is needed to bypass the 1.5v regulator.

Something of an update ... LOL
I have no idea wft is going on but - I did in fact pay $46.39 for this set. The next day the seller Revised the ad and is now asking $110.99 for the same thing ... Ha! Good luck to the fuckahs selling any at that price :eek:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5v-Rechargeable-Li-ion-battery-for-cameras-4-AA-4-AAA-4-slots-Smart-Charger/273130007620?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Might have been out of stock. Sellers raise the price to keep people from buying. They do it to save insertion fees.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I’ve seen mixed reviews at this early date. On the plus side they provide a stable 1.5 volts, but fall off a cliff suddenly without warning. Others complain they get hot when used with high current drain equipment. NiMH batteries don’t have that heat issue under heavy load. You might be surprised about China’s shipping time. They usually overestimate to cover themselves on E-bay. I receive most of my purchases from China in about 2 weeks or less. In my case it usually takes approximately a week to arrive in Cal and another week to go across country

Reactions: Wire Weasel
I've had the same results from China too. 2-5 weeks. - And that's the way Li-Io's work. Typical full output and then sudden die-off.

It looks like they do have a circuit at the bottom, but it doesn't say if it is a "protected circuit", this is on the battery I am talking about.
I have 16 Lithium batteries for my flashlight's, they are of the 18650 size and all have the protected circuit. Having a good charger is very important.

Be cautious when charging, always stay close until charging has stopped.

I know my NiMH batteries have severed me well for many years, as of now I have 90 of the LSD type 2400 mAh and some are now on their 7th year.

I also use a Maha CS9000 charger for the NiMh - have two of them.

But the Lithium AA sounds like a good deal, hope they work good for you, will be watching.

Last edited:
Being curious - I done some checking on the AA and from the company's website it did say that there is a "protected circuit" built in.

So that is good, I am going to do some more searching now. It appears they are 2000 mAh.

Many thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated