1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

UR6QW eq compressor.

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by twa77, Jun 1, 2021.

1. twa77

twa77 Well-Known Member

I just bought one of these on eBay to use with my sennheiser e835 mic. Looks like a neat solution to an all in one eq preamp compressor. It has an input for xlr mic as well as a foot switch

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.

2. twa77

twa77 Well-Known Member

A pic

Attached Files:

3. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

They are very cool - I'm currently using the digital version with a condenser microphone and foot PTT. Both versions work great but the digital version is much smaller which is nice (like 1/3 the size).

4. twa77

twa77 Well-Known Member

Ya the digital one looks really cool. Does it put out phantom power or how are you doing that?

5. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Sr. Member

Only problem you can not hear yourself to adjust it.
    Pretty disappointing..

6. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

A second radio with headphones and no antenna will give you an idea of what the adjustments sound like. The best way is to record yourself on your SDR and play it back.

freecell likes this.
  7. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Sr. Member

I just do not think you should have to do that. There should be some kind of feature where a person can hear themselves and adjust.

8. twa77

twa77 Well-Known Member

I can probably add a monitor port. Im pretty handy with a soldering iron and other tools.

9. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

Digital version has audio out for headphones monitoring. I use the monitor jack first than adjust using the SDR on air as what comes out of the radio will sound different due to the constraints of the radio unless you are using direct inject.

Mine doesn't have the phantom power so I run the microphone into a external phantom power box and then into the UR6QW.

Got some nice reports tonight - was talking to 403 Nevada on the Bowl and some Northern Cal on SSB.

10. freecell

freecell Active Member

"A second radio with headphones and no antenna will give you an idea of what the adjustments sound like."

this is the best method.

#10 freecell, Jun 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  11. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Then it would be like having a radio with talk back. It wouldn't be truly be what the signal you are putting out sounds like.

freecell likes this.
  12. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Sr. Member

Yes but it would be a starting point. I then like the new digital version with headphone capabilities. I had the older version and sent it back. I did not care for it at all.
    That is only my opinion.

TheRealPorkchop likes this.
  13. freecell

freecell Active Member

"the only legitimate communications purpose served by any form of clipping or compression is to improve the S/N ratio in the receiver front-end at the other end of the circuit." only from the receiver end of a communications link can the benefits of processing formats such as compression and clipping be truly evaluated.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/md-1-install-and-review.261788/#post-762930

14. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

The noise gate on the UR6QW and the compression are the two best features.