• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UR6QW eq compressor.

twa77

May 2, 2008
South Dakota
I just bought one of these on eBay to use with my sennheiser e835 mic. Looks like a neat solution to an all in one eq preamp compressor. It has an input for xlr mic as well as a foot switch

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

They are very cool - I'm currently using the digital version with a condenser microphone and foot PTT. Both versions work great but the digital version is much smaller which is nice (like 1/3 the size).

I just do not think you should have to do that. There should be some kind of feature where a person can hear themselves and adjust.

Digital version has audio out for headphones monitoring. I use the monitor jack first than adjust using the SDR on air as what comes out of the radio will sound different due to the constraints of the radio unless you are using direct inject.

Mine doesn't have the phantom power so I run the microphone into a external phantom power box and then into the UR6QW.

Got some nice reports tonight - was talking to 403 Nevada on the Bowl and some Northern Cal on SSB.

Reactions: Low_Boy
Yes but it would be a starting point. I then like the new digital version with headphone capabilities. I had the older version and sent it back. I did not care for it at all.
That is only my opinion.

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
Then it would be like having a radio with talk back. It wouldn't be truly be what the signal you are putting out sounds like.

"the only legitimate communications purpose served by any form of clipping or compression is to improve the S/N ratio in the receiver front-end at the other end of the circuit." only from the receiver end of a communications link can the benefits of processing formats such as compression and clipping be truly evaluated.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/md-1-install-and-review.261788/#post-762930

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated