• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UR6QW eq compressor.

I just do not think you should have to do that. There should be some kind of feature where a person can hear themselves and adjust.
Sure go ahead and get the version sold to Ham radio operators mostly! It has that feature if I recall properly and you will pay 3X more for it! I think it had parametric EQ and noise gate/sound gate for well over 10+ years. A bunch of ugly gray metal boxes kind of clunky looking. I hear it was fantastically made and designed and I never heard a bad word about it other than cost. That said the intended market never complained.

It has a clipping indicator light why do you need to hear yourself and sample directly? More important to hear how you sound on output like an rf sampler or over air.

Even talk-back is a waste since it does not account for what you sound like on air. It is really for confused people that like the sound of their own voice more than the sound of other peoples voices! LOL.....

If your intended audience is hams best to listen on a ham radio if it is CB radio operators with out "broad band audio" use a stock CB radio if it is people with modified radio's or exports like Galaxy listen on one of those. It makes a HUGE difference. No sense adjusting your audio and wasting audio power and tx power on something your intended audience can not hear!

Surely you have a spare radio that is not hooked up to an antenna you can turn the rf gain down and listen to how you sound. That is what I do since rf sampling does not tell me how I sound to other's! Some radio's do not even need you to turn the rf gain down.

Cheer's!

P.S. I sound like Darth Vader so guess what I do not add much of to my sound? Also look at the spec. sheet that came with your radio you can only nudge things so much.

Reactions: Low_Boy
UR6QW is a HAM in Ukraine making compression with his call letters as product names. Good quality UR6QW echos by him too. I hope the war over there does not hamper your repairs requests.

He has a website. Maybe YOU can start there?

David

He has a website. Maybe YOU can start there?

David
Thanks again

Ive been using a UR6QW for a year or so, Ive run it on a few different radios now, including RCI 2995 DXCF,Stryker 955 HPC and a JCP 6241. On ssb, my audio reports have been absolutely outstanding! I am totally a firm believer in that little piece of equipment. My experience though is to use it only with a non amped mic, as to how it was designed. Currently I have it mated with a Heil HM 10 XD, and find that combo works nicely. Enjoy yours!
999,BC,Canada

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.