• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

use slingshot for big game

Doesn't even approach humane if you ask me. More likely to maim something than kill it, just doesn't seem morally or ethically proper to me.

It's certainly a possibility. There are 'draw-backs' to it of course. Just like a bow, the strength of those rubber bands determine how 'deadly' the thing is. If given a choice, it definitely would not be my first choice. But, that's not what this sort of thingy is about. It's about 'have to' instances rather than 'want to' instances, big difference there. As for humane, ethical or moral issues, it just depends on the situation in which it would be used. Go buy a 'tag' and go deer hunting with it? I really doubt if that would be very practical. But if it's a case of eating or not eating, and using a slingshot or throwing rocks, then I think those humane/ethical/moral thingys are going to take a little 'customizing', you know? What's 'acceptable' in the normal every-day world doesn't count much in 'drastic' circumstances...
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person
i will be changing the tubing on my sling shot for stronger ones(more pull)...
this would great for a survival situation or shtf weapon, you can make arrows as needed.

i can't tell you how many deer i have bagged with only 25-35 pound straight and recurve bows. Women do it all the time with lower pound draw weights if they are not strong enough to draw 45-55 pounders.

accuracy is the key. did i mention accuracy!

allowing the prey to drain it's blood allows for the best game meat.

if nothing else it will make a great zombie killer;)

This guy is a survivalist and bushcraft enthusiast. These techniques are to demonstrate how to put food in your belly in desperate situations.

In survival mode, breaking the law will be low on your list of worries.

... it just got real...

attachment.php

Last edited:
What's a good quality sling shot on the market?

I've always had cheap ones. What's a good professional one.

Anyone recommend a good one?

I mostly want one for target and pest control.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.