• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vacuum Tubes

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone ,
I have an old Heathkit HW-101 that I've been gradually bringing back to life . It's about to get an electrolytic capacitor update (from Hayseed) , and I've replaced all the tubes with (NOS) tubes that have all tested good on my tube tester . I've only got 1 tube left to replace , and that's the OA2 . But I've been getting mixed signals on this last tube . There are so many companies to choose from , and I'd like to know what everyone's thoughts are on who makes the better OA2 vacuum tube ... or at least which one would work the best in an old Heathkit HW-101 .

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: Robalo

This tube is the equivalent of a 150-Volt zener diode. All it does is hold its DC voltage fairly steady. As such, it was made by numerous vendors, and sold under every name brand, pretty much. Just consider that the brand name on a carton tells you who packaged the tube for retail, not who made the tube.

Differences between one maker and the next should be zero, more or less, so long as you have a good one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.