• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VOIP Chatroom

robogator

Jan 19, 2006
NW Florida
robogator.us
:D is it possible to setup a Voip Chatroom on this forum....I was looking at this:
http://www.ventrilo.com/about.php
I like the idea of a chat room but I am a one finger typer and it is sooooo slow for me to type everything out.......if we could get a VOIP link in here we could have a twoway voice conversation which I would like more than just a chat room .....any comments?

RE: Paltalk

FL Native,I downloaded Paltalk and went to search but I was never able to find any CDX chat rooms.....or anything that had to do with cb radio.....just think..this WWDX Forum has over 1300 members and some of them get on here and post messages which is a slow process and there is a chatroom for instant messages which is still a slow process...just think what it would be like if we could talk to each other when we log in to this forum...it would be clear,it would be like being able to talk all over the world without having to worry about a pile up or skip conditions.....it would be a place to hang out and be able to discuss antennas,linears,mics,bias or anything else related to this hobby........don't you think the WWDX membership would jump if you were able to TALK directly to the AMP builders instead of slowly typing your messages and waiting for the answers........any comments
?

Robogator, there is a voice chatroom, but first, you must select adult content and then look in the "Misc" section.

However, be warned; Paltalk will attempt to leave a "listening port" open on your system after you exit chat. My Microsoft Antispyware program identifies it as possibley problematic software.

If you use Paltalk be sure to monitor it thru your Firewall.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.