• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Voltage drop

Any and all thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Just installed new cap bank and diode board. Going to fire it up in a bit. See what happens.

Well I saw a bright flash and heard a loud BANG!!! but I guess it wasn't your amp. Turned out to be the 480 volt 1500amp three phase slip rings on a machine at work. Second time in less than 12 hoirs. First machine just welded the brushes to the rings. Second machine is down a couple days. After we put the fire out we started looking for missing pieces. Better wear eye protection when you plug that beast in.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe even wear one of these. Throw a ground lead on it for added protection. :D

medieval_armor_ancient_armor_greek_armor_Knight_armor_weapons_and_armor_swords_and_armor_metal_armor_supplier_roman_armour.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Its up and running. Making a few last minute modifications to bias. But amp is up and running. Did a 250w carrier and it swings up to 800w average. Over 1600 pep. Bias had 15v of bias, but I'm putting around 18v now. It should run a bit cooler. I was driving it with a pair of 1446 transistors. Its a lot of drive, but I wanted to make sure it will hold together. Also after I'm done. Will install a 10k -15k resistor across diode bank in case it fails. It has a 1.5a fuse, he has blown it at least 10 times that I have known. So that is why I am adding a bit more bias to calm it down some more. Plate sits at 3kv and drops to about 2700vdc under load.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.