• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VV808

I ordered one from the link that Doctor posted. They are a new supplier on Aliexpress.com and have no feedback yet. Anyways, they have $10ish shipping via epacket. The other links show $70ish shipping.

I don't care if they send a VHF or UHF version. I can use either for my intended use/experiment. I see no mention of a programming cable or software being included, which could be somewhat of a bummer.

Last edited:
@Robb...

The link Doctor posted has a vender using epacket delivery @ $10.55 USD shipping.

That makes this adventure fairly cheap. Epacket delivery from Asia is pretty damn fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That Aliexpress.com website seems to be pretty decent. Looks like a guy can save $$$ over using eBay. They seem to have good seller protection. When you place an order, they hold your money in escrow until the seller ships your item and you confirm satisfactory delivery. I'm sure there are possible counterfeit items, just have to research the item.

New accounts get a $5.00 coupon.

Knight Radio also has the VV-808 for sale but for $100. That's too much of a markup for me.

m42duster, be sure and keep us updated on both the quality of Aliexpress seller and the radio itself. If everything works out for you I believe I'll order one from her as well. $70 for a new mobile radio, even if it is only 10w, is quite a steal.

When you place your order are you able to specify whether or not you want the VHF or UHF version? I wouldn't mind having either one, but I could really use the UHF version.

So far, the only radio she has is the UHF version. Also, the particular model she has, comes with a standard mic without keypad. I was able to upgrade the microphone for one with a keypad, and a programming cable with software for $9.25 more.

I was told the user manual is in Chinese, but the software is English. The software should make for smooth sailing with programming.

In her listing, it shows a picture of the box. The box clearly shows a keypad microphone, however she says it only has a regular microphone.

Just FYI, if someone orders from her.

Just got an email from the seller. She states that they can't ship via epacket. Now, she is requesting additional money to ship by FedEx. I told her that was unacceptable and she should pay extra shipping.

She replied later and said she will pay the shipping, but she says I need to cancel my order then reorder everything again so she can adjust the price. I said, no way. I am still waiting on a reply.

Sounds like some sort of scam or someone really stupid.

Have to see how this plays out...

Probably should have read this first:

http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.aliexpress.com

Last edited:
I think eventually they will introduce a dual bander.... this VV 808 most likely has the guts of a hand held stuff in the case with a beefed up power output...

At $100 for one of these tiny mobiles I think I'll pass for now since it's only mono band and you have to buy the mic with keypad on it at extra cost...

AliExpress is ok if you're very careful about the seller you deal with...you also need to watch out for the shipping charges as well...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.