• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VV808

Just got an email from the seller. She states that they can't ship via epacket. Now, she is requesting additional money to ship by FedEx. I told her that was unacceptable and she should pay extra shipping.

She replied later and said she will pay the shipping, but she says I need to cancel my order then reorder everything again so she can adjust the price. I said, no way. I am still waiting on a reply.

Sounds like some sort of scam or someone really stupid.

Have to see how this plays out...

Probably should have read this first:

Aliexpress reviews | Customer reviews of Aliexpress
Interesting. That definitely reeks of a scam to me. I wonder how much the cost will go up by having to ship by FedEx instead.

Hopefully everything will work out, but I have my doubts. That's why I didn't order one yet even though I really wanted to.

Reactions: 1 person
Did she say why they couldn't ship it via epacket? The listing on Aliexpress still shows epacket as the shipping method for US orders. Did the programming cable and microphone increase the shipping cost or something?

She said there was no epacket delivery options in her location. To bump it up to FedEx was a little more.

I paid around $9.00 for the cable and mic upgrade. She was stuffing it in the radio box.

If she doesn't ship by Wednesday, I'll just initiate a PayPal claim.

I hope she does ship it to you but from what I see when I look up that radio on AliExpress, the shipping fee is listed at $58 bringing the total radio cost to something like $117 or so... I haven't found but three sellers of that radio and all have very high shipping costs.

This is an interesting little radio, if it were cheap enough it's the kind you dont mind tossing in the car and if it gets stolen you're only out a few bucks, and if you're the type thats a bit rough on your equipment who cares? You wouldnt be out $500 bucks like on one of the big 3... Hopefully they will drop in price and I'd love to see it in a dual bander........

Good luck M4,

Looks like they've updated the original listing. Now shipping is $13.53 via China Post Air Mail, bringing the total cost to $73.53. Still seems like a good deal to me.

Looks like a UV5R turned sideways with a CPU fan so they could jack the power up to 10 watts.
I'll pass. I could get a commercial radio and programming cable off ebay for about the same cost as that thing.
Knowing china radios they dont scan worth a darn, so no real point in having a bunch of channels, unless you have banks, which I have yet to see in a china radio.
Its gonna be so aggravating to find and program in a new repeater while away from the house (unless you bring the PC, then its only somewhat aggravating), not much point.

Can I order anything I see on alibaba from this website? I have too seen some interesting things on alibaba I might waste some money on.

I wish it was a UV5R in there, at least it'd be dual band. I have a "non ham" project in mind for the one I ordered.

Yes, you can order from Aliexpress, just pick vendors with good feedback. I'm taking a chance with my venture, she is a new seller with no feedback.

Paypal should have my back.

I wish it was a UV5R in there, at least it'd be dual band. I have a "non ham" project in mind for the one I ordered.

Yes, you can order from Aliexpress, just pick vendors with good feedback. I'm taking a chance with my venture, she is a new seller with no feedback.

Paypal should have my back.

I got a couple of non ham projects, 4 channels and 45 watts each, can be had for as little as $20/ea on ebay plus $20 for programming cable, and its made in the free world. Everybody is after battwing radios so the maxons can be had for much less, and they work.

I wish it was a UV5-R in there too, I might actually get one if it cost the same or less as the handheld. I would think it cost less to make, like not having a battery or antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.