• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VV808

I'll try to get something up soon.

It's not what I would call scrambling. When listening to the scrambled transmission on another radio, it just sounds like a tinny robot voice. If you listen carefully, you can understand what is being said.

Anyways, the little thing rocks in performance. The software has some very very nice features that I wished other HT's had. It's very customizable with commercial like features. I especially, like the ability to program lease times. You can program the unit to operate within a user specified date range. You can also set passwords for menu functions.

I am still learning and playing with different user profiles.

Reactions: 2 people
I had it configured wrong. It definitely scrambles. In the linked recording, I am repeating the numbers 1 thru 5, for a few times. The recording starts in a few seconds. Had to put my UV5R in next room with recorder to reduce feedback.

http://db.tt/K3CEb42j

I had it configured wrong. It definitely scrambles. In the linked recording, I am repeating the numbers 1 thru 5, for a few times. The recording starts in a few seconds. Had to put my UV5R in next room with recorder to reduce feedback.

http://db.tt/K3CEb42j

ahahaha! that's funny, kinda sounds like SSB:bdh:

Here's a REAL scrambled audio:

P-25 adp encryption - YouTube

We use AES-256 at a few locations.

thanks for the upload

I had planned on ordering one of these but I wound up finding a new 20 watt UHF amplifier for $30 shipped so I got it. I figure I'll use that with one of my portables for a while instead.

I'll wait a little bit longer before getting a VV-808 to see if any other manufacturers start competing with it.

I got the 2M version. I can confirm the Chinese manual is not very useful - at least to me. However, as m42duster said, that's not a huge problem. Looking at the software (which is easy to use) really helped me with understanding the features of the vv-808.

I've taken some screen shots of the software.

Brick O'Lore: Leixen VV-808: Programming Screen Shots

And here is a sample of what is written to the config file by the software.

Brick O'Lore: Leixen VV-808: Sample Config File

I've barely had a chance to play with it, but no complaints so far.

Cheers,
Brick

Reactions: 1 person
What does it have for tones? Standard pl or just ctcss like the baofengs and like? Its interesting but would rather spend the extra 40 bucks on a kenwood 281a or somthing.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Price change. Looks like the price has jumped up to $95 shipped. Not really worth it to me now. When prices drop or they release a dual-band version I'll be interested again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.