• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Walcott CB shop Davenport Iowa

this is a silly discussion.

anyone bothering to respond to rabbiporkchop is only serving to fill his day with internet activity. There is absolutely zero benefit to anyone else reading this.

I have no personal beef with you rabbiporkchop, but you are wasting everyone's time and i think you know it.
I think you know that this type of discussion will never go anywhere conclusive, and i think you are enjoying the back and forth simply because it gives you something to do.

who the hell cares how much sensitivity some tech can squeeze out of a cb/export radio.
atmospheric/man made noise is much greater than these numbers at any given moment and accounts for much of a radio's ability to hear and be heard during normal operation.

for a tech to be telling his customers that his claim to fame is better receive sensitivity without telling them the minimal effect on their day to day communications is borderline snake oil.

It's the same kind of crap CB shops have been pulling since the 70's. they tell you they can get you 10 more watts out of your radio without telling you what that actually equates to on the air.

who the hell cares if Fine Tune can get a .03uV noise floor into his dummy load.
Once the customer plugs that radio into an antenna that noise figure means jack squat on HF.

the real truth is that once the receiver's coils are tuned to properly match the impedance of their next stage, that's all that really matters.

Even if a given CB radio is only sensitive enough to pick up signals greater than 1uV, it will still hear everything out there that gets above the ambient noise created by the world around us.

anyone care to make a guess as to what the average noise level is at 27mhz?
I can tell you that it's more than .5uV which is what the better CB radios spec their sensitivity at.

If you guys enjoy arguing with someone who isn't going to budge one bit no matter what is posted, then have at it.
however, if you would like to go back to spending your time on the forum discussing things with people who actually want to converse/learn, then for goodness sake stop responding to rabbiporkchop's posts.

rabbiporkchop, again, i have no personal beef with you, im just tired of your threads wasting so much space and time on the forum.
I will say that to me, and im sure others, you come across as if you need to make a certain number of positive posts about Fine Tune CB shop each month.
usually this is done because someone has been offered something for free in return.

To all, go to Fine Tune CB shop or don't go to Fine Tune CB shop. that's it. nothing more needs to be said.
I will say that i do a fair amount of work re-modding radios that have been tuned with a scope and spec analyzer because the owner is no longer getting all the flowers on the air that they were used to before.
Flame all you want, i sleep fine at night.

can we PLEASE make this the last 7 page rabbiporkchop trollfest?
LC

I agree 100% with everything you said above. in fact when i made post #99 above i decided it would be my last in this thread.......well until this comment. I just had to let it be know he was not fooling anyone and wanted to present some facts to that effect whether he believes them or not. The last claim about AB7IF seems as if he is grasping at straws as one last effort to gain legitimacy. That's what I see anyway. Over and out. ;)

To get back to the original topic, I have made numerous purchases from Walcott and never had any complaints. They carry quality items, and stand behind what they sale. Their customer service is top notch. And guess what Rabbiporkchop unlike Fine Tune CB shop I don't have to contact them through Facebook and wait for them to call me.. And secondly they don't mind answering questions before a purchase and don't consider answering them a waste of their time..Hmmm brilliant concept for a business, wouldn't you agree..:)

To get back to the original topic, I have made numerous purchases from Walcott and never had any complaints. They carry quality items, and stand behind what they sale. Their customer service is top notch. And guess what Rabbiporkchop unlike Fine Tune CB shop I don't have to contact them through Facebook and wait for them to call me.. And secondly they don't mind answering questions before a purchase and don't consider answering them a waste of their time..Hmmm brilliant concept for a business, wouldn't you agree..:)
I totally agree

Even the 4x4 crowd knows enough to call bullshit when they see it.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...chnician-that-actually-knows-what-he-is-doing!!!!!!
Notice where he says "He is "holier than thou" because no other technician in the country can achieve results like his, and he makes a living cleaning up the airwaves by retuning other techs work with Class C amps. While illegal, his work is the best in the country for taking cheap cb stuff and making it sound like commercial broadcast stations without causing interference to others." when talking about Fine Tuned CB shop and how he works with class C amps. Class C amps sounding like broadcast stations and free of interference? BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Also notice where he says "I am simply one of his happy customers in search of the worlds greatest technician. If you think class c is synonymous with spurious emissions then you clearly don't have a clue about the physics involved. The difference between class ab and class c is simply a biasing issue. Just because 999/1000 operators that use class c amps are generating a dirty signal with their equipment doesn't mean it isn't possible to generate a clean one. This simply demonstrates a lack of knowledge on the subject, and a lack of technicians able to do so. Every station that leaves my technicians bench is spectrally pure regardless of biasing scheme."

I am sorry.....did he say MY bench by mistake or did he mean the tech that does work for him? Is he really Mark Sherman? Also note the level of tech understanding he appears to have yet he says he does not understand the tech "mumbo jumbo" as he called it on this forum.

The last quote above proves that there is indeed a lot of misunderstanding going on but it is HE that is misunderstanding it.

2atrollspraycv9j

Reactions: dave457
I think he meant to put an apostrophe in there. "My technician's bench".

I would like to see the formula for this. I assume the walkie talkie would also have to be fine tuned with the proper length of mini coax to the rubber ducky.

"He drops the noise floor on these rigs so low, his generator can usually drop to 1/1000th of a microvolt and still produce an audible tone in the receiver which equates to hearing a walkie talkie with rubber duckie antenna 20 miles away."

I think he meant to put an apostrophe in there. "My technician's bench".

I would like to see the formula for this. I assume the walkie talkie would also have to be fine tuned with the proper length of mini coax to the rubber ducky.

"He drops the noise floor on these rigs so low, his generator can usually drop to 1/1000th of a microvolt and still produce an audible tone in the receiver which equates to hearing a walkie talkie with rubber duckie antenna 20 miles away."

Yeah I wonder what he uses for a sig/gen. I have an older military unit and it won't go that low. I forget the lower limit but I know 1/1000'th uV just isn't there. then again I suppose the military doesn't need anything that good. ;)

Reactions: LeapFrog
Yeah I wonder what he uses for a sig/gen. I have an older military unit and it won't go that low. I forget the lower limit but I know 1/1000'th uV just isn't there. then again I suppose the military doesn't need anything that good. ;)

Not sure. I built mine out of an old uniden 68. No sense in spending too much money to to align a CB receiver for myself every now and then.

Reactions: LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.