• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WANTED: Mic adapter 5 pin din female to 4 pin female

If you aren't using the Realistic radio with the Turner; then just rewire it to a 4 pin plug. Cheap and plentiful. If you want to use the same mic on both radios; then you will need to make a conversion pigtail cord. I'm not saying that they don't exist; but I haven't ever seen a female DIN plug to 4 pin female converter plug before. Best of luck.

I've never re-wired anything in my entire life. I wouldn't know where to begin. That's why I am looking for this adapter. I have been to over 20 web sites. Can I be the only person who has ever gone from a Realistic to a Galaxy? It sure seems that way. There aren't any on Ebay. Someone needs to make 50 of them and cash in. :sneaky:]

I listed a seller that makes mic adapters. If you email this seller he might be able to make the one you need, which is female to female 5 pin din to 4 pin cobra. Both ends need to be female correct? Here is the seller I would email and see if he can make you an adapter for your needs. I am pretty sir it's accomplishable. Read what they say in the description and you'll see why I say he might be able to make you an adapter. Pics are below. Hope this helps and have a good day.

Attachments

• IMG_3622.PNG
    IMG_3622.PNG
    241.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3623.PNG
    IMG_3623.PNG
    110 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3624.PNG
    IMG_3624.PNG
    138.2 KB · Views: 4
They should be. If they are selling things on eBay then they surely aren't out of business. There are others that make the adapters as well. A search on eBay will yield others that make the adapaters. Maybe try someone else. The seller I listed might just be busy or missed your email. Try emailing again and also look for other sellers that make adapters. Like I said, there is more than just that one. Just one I picked while searching eBay myself.

I emailed 4 places today. I haven't heard back from any of them. I have searched thru 2 dozen other sites that make adapters, and still nothing. Nobody makes a 4-female to 5-female mic adapter. Am I missing something?

No, sorry, only ones I see are 4 pin female to 5 pin male so folks can run a mic wired for 4 pin Cobra (the most common) on a 5 pin Radio Shack or Sears CB radio.

I wire most of my mics for the Cobra 4 pin and work from there. Once all your mics are wired the same you can switch 'em out at will with the right adapters.

Ok, I finally gave up and found someone who has lots of experience with this stuff. So, he wired it for free and now my Turner doesn't work. I looked at the wires and he did it like this:
1- no color (shield?)
2- white
3- black
4 red

Does this look right to you guys?

Ok, I finally gave up and found someone who has lots of experience with this stuff. So, he wired it for free and now my Turner doesn't work. I looked at the wires and he did it like this:
1- no color (shield?)
2- white
3- black
4 red

Does this look right to you guys?
If it isn't working; then something isn't right.
Take it back to your local with the radio and see if he can get it right.

Learn how to solder - lol . . .

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.