• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WANTED: Mic adapter 5 pin din female to 4 pin female

If you aren't using the Realistic radio with the Turner; then just rewire it to a 4 pin plug. Cheap and plentiful. If you want to use the same mic on both radios; then you will need to make a conversion pigtail cord. I'm not saying that they don't exist; but I haven't ever seen a female DIN plug to 4 pin female converter plug before. Best of luck.

I've never re-wired anything in my entire life. I wouldn't know where to begin. That's why I am looking for this adapter. I have been to over 20 web sites. Can I be the only person who has ever gone from a Realistic to a Galaxy? It sure seems that way. There aren't any on Ebay. Someone needs to make 50 of them and cash in. :sneaky:]

I listed a seller that makes mic adapters. If you email this seller he might be able to make the one you need, which is female to female 5 pin din to 4 pin cobra. Both ends need to be female correct? Here is the seller I would email and see if he can make you an adapter for your needs. I am pretty sir it's accomplishable. Read what they say in the description and you'll see why I say he might be able to make you an adapter. Pics are below. Hope this helps and have a good day.

Attachments

• IMG_3622.PNG
    IMG_3622.PNG
    241.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3623.PNG
    IMG_3623.PNG
    110 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3624.PNG
    IMG_3624.PNG
    138.2 KB · Views: 4
They should be. If they are selling things on eBay then they surely aren't out of business. There are others that make the adapters as well. A search on eBay will yield others that make the adapaters. Maybe try someone else. The seller I listed might just be busy or missed your email. Try emailing again and also look for other sellers that make adapters. Like I said, there is more than just that one. Just one I picked while searching eBay myself.

I emailed 4 places today. I haven't heard back from any of them. I have searched thru 2 dozen other sites that make adapters, and still nothing. Nobody makes a 4-female to 5-female mic adapter. Am I missing something?

No, sorry, only ones I see are 4 pin female to 5 pin male so folks can run a mic wired for 4 pin Cobra (the most common) on a 5 pin Radio Shack or Sears CB radio.

I wire most of my mics for the Cobra 4 pin and work from there. Once all your mics are wired the same you can switch 'em out at will with the right adapters.

Ok, I finally gave up and found someone who has lots of experience with this stuff. So, he wired it for free and now my Turner doesn't work. I looked at the wires and he did it like this:
1- no color (shield?)
2- white
3- black
4 red

Does this look right to you guys?

Ok, I finally gave up and found someone who has lots of experience with this stuff. So, he wired it for free and now my Turner doesn't work. I looked at the wires and he did it like this:
1- no color (shield?)
2- white
3- black
4 red

Does this look right to you guys?
If it isn't working; then something isn't right.
Take it back to your local with the radio and see if he can get it right.

Learn how to solder - lol . . .

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned