• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

War criminal rights versus Security of America

Tallman

KW4YJ Honorary Member Silent Key
May 1, 2013
Louisville, KY
Attention Apple Security

There is a way you can satisfy both the Federal Government and your customer's concern for privacy. Unlock the one or two telephones that might contain time sensitive information pertaining to National Security.

1. Unlock the telephone in the laboratories of Apple computer without the supervision of the federal government or any other representatives. Take full responsibility if all data is lost and pay a substantial penalty to the government.

2. Lock the phone and cover your programming tracks and return it to the government with the data intact.

3. Do not document the process or share any of the process with any law enforcement agency.

4. Swear all Apple personnel to secrecy pertaining to this project with the understanding of severe penalties for breech of security agreement that would be signed and notorized.
I am fairly certain programmers would leave back doors in the programs for developmental purposes to rescue their project.

Last edited:

as a customer, I would NOT be satisfied with any of this concept, it's MY information on MY phone and I do NOT give anyone permission to access it.

as a customer, I would NOT be satisfied with any of this concept, it's MY information on MY phone and I do NOT give anyone permission to access it.

Benjamin Franklin said it best: “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
But that's just my opinion. I brought this up because I heard a couple of big wigs talking about the surrendering of the technology to get the information. If they crack one phone the slippery slope will be under our feet next.

I was on the fence about the phone thing until I heard that Apple never built in a backdoor to iPhones for the sake of security. If the develop software to hack it for this situation the hack will eventually get out there and then security for everyone with an iPhone is compromised.

I'm also not buying the FBI's plea that the family's have the right to know what's on that phone and why they chose the people and location they did for the attack. That makes no sense. They attacked the people and location because Syed Farook worked there, knew the people and the building. Easy targets and easy planning for them.

If the develop software to hack it for this situation the hack will eventually get out there and then security for everyone with an iPhone is compromised.

It has been done already. All of the telephone hacks that ended up with a lot of Hollywood caught with their pants down (Literally) was done by an individual with a lot less resources than the FBI. A recent poll says most Americans including Bill Gates are in favor of the FBI getting access.
While the company says they did not leave a backdoor in the software, that's a nice thought and sounds good in a sales pitch.
All it takes is just one download and then it is compromised. The hospital that got infected by ransom ware most likely got it while up dating the software.

A lot of that Hollywood stuff and some Washington DC stuff was back in the days of analog phones that were easily heard on a scanner or even an old UHF TV. As for data encryption the security of it increases ever year. What we thought was secure a few years ago is nothing compared to now.

As for data encryption the security of it increases ever year. What we thought was secure a few years ago is nothing compared to now.
Yes sir that is correct. Why do they keep increasing security? Not because they are anticipating a threat but because it has been compromised by a virus, worm, or some other information gathering process. They bump it up every time they discover a unauthorized data transmission or some other breach in the current version of software.
As long as there is desirable content of some type on a computer, there will be people who want it for financial gain.

Agreed. I have mixed feelings about this case but in the long run I do agree with Apple's decision not to decrypt.

I knew this was coming. The justice department now wants apple to unlock NINE more telephones. Go figure. I just hope the Govt. does not black mail Apple to do their bidding.
CK I agree with you and not to unlock the encryption of the telephones. Even though the San Bernadino shooter was a piece of something revolting his rights are just as important as ours are. We cannot say at anytime that this person has rights and this person does not. Who has the right to make that decision? I would say no one that walks the face of the earth.

Consider this. Why should a smart phone be excluded from a search with the proper warrant if it may contain information about a crime that was committed? I can't place a room in my home off limits to a search and our phones are really just part of our private space now. It's a hard thing to decide when both sides are right.

Reactions: 222DBFL and Tallman
I can't place a room in my home off limits to a search and our phones are really just part of our private space now.

First I want to state I am not talking about my local Police department and none of these problems were mine personally.

Absolutely correct. For me personally if they want to look at my phone I'll hand it to them with the notice that it does not leave my sight and if they fail to comply with my wishes consent is revoked and then they will be told they need a warrant to continue.
This would be to prevent the planting of "Evidence".
They have on more than one occasion have planted evidence and reneged on agreements made in pretrial investigations. One guy was put on trial 5 times for the same crime found innocent four times and convicted on the fifth trial. The first trials were mistrials due to prosecutorial misconduct. Finally the guy was released after 18 months in state prison because the trial was overturned once again because of a mistrial.

I do have first hand knowledge of a cop that carries a throw down gun just in case he ever shot an unarmed suspect. So no, I don't trust a lot of the law enforcement agencies either.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket!! The pussification of America is what I like to call it!!! Criminals have more rights than we do!!! It's sad to say, but oh so true!! Sorry for the rant. Back to the topic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.