• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WASHINGTON VS. MADISON

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
Are the final edition Uniden Washington and Madison compatible?
Side by side will they perform the same on transmit (audio) and receive?
If not what makes them technically different?

The Madison adds a clock, a second round meter, and another knob on the front. The internals are pretty much the same. The Washington, Madison, Grant xl, Cobra 148, Cobra 2000 just to name a few are superb radio's. When properly tuned and not all modded up sound clean, are stable on SSB, and have superior receive.

The only thing they really need is an alignment and maybe extra channels and a clarifier unlock if you so desire. They are all very much low powered radio's. They get all jacked up when someone try's to make it a 40 watt radio, wideband them, or do super swing and audio mods. Uniden really made some nice stuff back then.

I think the Madison has a dual conversion receiver and the Washington is a single conversion. If that makes any real difference, I don't know. Has anyone ever compared the receive on these?
Honestly maybe it just could be mine but I have them both the Washington on top of the Madison and see absolutely no difference in the receivers at all but my Radio Shack TRC 457 slightly out receives them both and the three should be pretty much the same radios but like I said maybe it just mine but they all are super receivers

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated