1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Waterproof and crushproof radio storage containers

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by rabbiporkchop, Mar 22, 2019.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Sr. Member

I found these at Harbor freight for dirt cheap. They always have coupons for them. They are the perfect storage solution for antenna analyzers or radios. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fogdog

fogdog Well-Known Member

Not bad.

3. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

I bought an oversized rolling SKB case last summer. Put ALL the now-past-$2000 trucker electronics in one place.

They seem to survive 300k miles in a big truck. But not the 15-mile trip back home. Something gets dropped or banged. Wrapped up in an old tee shirt. Placed in a bag. Bag on floor with nothing atop. Ha!

Thx for posting Rebbe

4. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Well-Known Member

I have a case that looks just like that except it has a Hunting Scene on the side of it.I am guessing it was made for storing hand guns or something like that.I gave $5 for it at a local Yard Sale several months ago & I keep my MFJ 259B stored in it with extra stuff I might need for antenna projects.Works great & it was a Real Steal of a Deal at $5.Looks like it was never used for anything.

SIX-SHOOTER

Slowmover, rabbiporkchop and Riverman like this.
  5. snow bird

snow bird Active Member

6. snow bird

snow bird Active Member

I have of them. Keep all my Hand guns in then . Great for the price . Use then to take camping in case the Things that go Bump in the Night Get next to me LOL

Slowmover likes this.
  7. Chevboy0167

Chevboy0167 Well-Known Member

I snagged a lightly used Pelican from garage sale. Use it for my electronics repair to go kit and occasional step stool! LOL

Slowmover and rabbiporkchop like this.
  8. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

Had this in mind since posted. The UNIDEN 885 truck backup radio now has a new home in one. Or will when the driver gets home to retrieve that radio. Thanks, Rebbe. The quality looks good. The 3800 is just big enough to hold a few more spare items as well. (The giant rolling SKB case will ride in the pickup).

Also found an extending pole brush for windshield cleaning duty at HF for $18 on advice from another driver. Unreal rains this past winter now equals unreal bugs. Those two enough reason to find an HF on the road. A load delivered today in Chillicothe OH fit the bill.

If I needed PELICAN quality (air travel) these wouldn’t be considered. Something worth significant insurance (theft, not just damage) needs the brand name.

Measure shown for approx scale sitting on truck dash. Dimensions are in advertisement.

F827CCB0-9CCD-4861-A0C1-23452A14FF6F.jpeg

685909B1-A889-45F1-B516-8588FCF45650.jpeg

#8 Slowmover, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    rabbiporkchop likes this.