• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

We post lots how about shots from space?

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
The black hole
a2597_0.jpg

stsci-h-p1844b-q-4571x2571.png

Hubble telescope viewing stars
stsci-h-p1847a_f5400x3600.png
a galaxy that exploded half a million light years away

Reactions: 357magnum

florence.jpeg
churning.jpeg

Images of hurricane florince from national space center

Reactions: 357magnum
View attachment 26990
Here is a solar flare.
Wish we had some now so we could get some great dx in

Don't confuse solar flares with sunspots. Solar flares destroy radio propagation while sunspots enhance it. I have been on the air when a solar wind stream swept past Earth and it was eerie. Signals on all bands everywhere just nose-dived in a matter of seconds.

Don't confuse solar flares with sunspots. Solar flares destroy radio propagation while sunspots enhance it. I have been on the air when a solar wind stream swept past Earth and it was eerie. Signals on all bands everywhere just nose-dived in a matter of seconds.
these were taken by nasa and was posting them as they described photos.
The beauty our naked eye never sees from above.
I have nasa's app on my pc n see new photos like this daily

I'm a big Aurora fan myself...

Aurora.jpg
I personally go here to check conditions - this is from Finland "Lapland" - they have a live Webcam feed.

This was taken at 23:57 UTC yesterday - as you can see they have "daylight" but not by much - it would be there 1PM or so their local time - you can just look up to see it and immediately know your skip conditions may be active for communication.

What is nice is they have a scrollable "log album" so you can scroll back to see these and other snapshots of their sky - clouds or day - or night - if you look up in the upper right corner you'll see the 3 stars of the curved asterism, "The Big Dipper" from Ursa Major.

So the link is in the photo and caption above - check it out if you need to see nearly immediate conditions of aurora...changes moment by moment.

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
Thats cool handy andy. Nice to see interests about above us.
I got 2 apps actually.1 shows when sattalites pass over my viewing area and also lets me know if i can pick up their 2 meter broadcasts to earth.oddly my cheepie baofang n nygoya antenna has picked them up.but antenna must point away from you not up as their signal comes to earth in a spirle not straight down

I'm a big Aurora fan myself...

View attachment 26995
I personally go here to check conditions - this is from Finland "Lapland" - they have a live Webcam feed.

This was taken at 23:57 UTC yesterday - as you can see they have "daylight" but not by much - it would be there 1PM or so their local time - you can just look up to see it and immediately know your skip conditions may be active for communication.

What is nice is they have a scrollable "log album" so you can scroll back to see these and other snapshots of their sky - clouds or day - or night - if you look up in the upper right corner you'll see the 3 stars of the curved asterism, "The Big Dipper" from Ursa Major.

So the link is in the photo and caption above - check it out if you need to see nearly immediate conditions of aurora...changes moment by moment.

This is when 2m and 6m will go nuts. VHF aurora comms can be fickle but it is amazing what a small amount of power will do.

Reactions: Rwb and 357magnum
The snapshot is from the movie 2010 - but is relevant today for even the NASA JUNO satellite sends us data that although the "Discovery" and "Kirchiev" as manned missions of recovery in a Movie - the effects and the data sent back by their predecessors like Pioneer, Mariner, Voyager - probes - gave us details and resolution that even allowed us to see such worlds presented as actual fact...

I just got a message from the Landlord...
Amessagefromthelandlord.png

Need to know more about what that means?
Watch the Movie!

Reactions: Rwb
All great pic's & info ! Space has always fascinated me ! Maybe because back in the 60's the Nuns would bring a TV in the classroom so we could watch Landings/Launches & got me out of school work ( Just Kidding ) I did watch the Space Station fly over recently . I should have brought my good camera , all I had was my phone & the pic didn't come out well .

I am also a fan of good amines' like this clip from "Titan AE" - it's fictional but who would not want to fly a spaceship thru a Nebulous cloud?

It's got a good soundtrack too.

Even though it's clipped from another language - The Urge, It's My Time To Fly is sung in English and original form...best part of the whole thing...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.