• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WELFARE ABUSE

good to hear that some Americans get food to eat and roofs over there heads. I guess some know how to play the game better then others ? Not my cross to bare. Homeless are homeless because many of them no know better (and some even do) and or choose to be that way (drunks , dope addicts , mentally disabled ,veterans , ect. ect. (one way or the other) or they just don't feel the need to play the game of life somebody else's way, many even get SSI checks monthly , year in and year out , none of my business and why should I care to the point of bitching,moaning and groaning about it ? My problem is the reflextion I see every morning in my bathroom
mirror , and that is my number one priority.
There are no big deals in this life unless I choose to have them. I only need to deal with what is on my own plate of life. (That's more then enough at this time) Am I perfect ? HELL NO ! Do I get caught up in shit that I wished I didn't after the fact ? YES ! Can I be prejudice or racist to a degree ? YES ! Why ? because I was born and raised in AMERICA ! Can and have I strived to be a better human being over the years ? YES ! mental work in progress. And as far as you being a racist C2 ? I can't answer that ? although I did say your comment "sounded" that way in the other thread. I didn't out and out call you a racist , I asked you what you meant by your comment and you never answered ? I've read your posts for years man , what more do I have to go on here ? Mushroom Mentality ? Whatever dude. You are your own problem as I am mine. Enough said.

Your a racist ? that's the way I read it...

Read it anyway you want. I said what it was and it aint no more.

I could have said Malaka, and it would basically mean the same thing!

It did not mean that I am racist against Mexicans or Spaniards, predjudiced against homosexuals, and that also don't mean I am predjudiced against Greeks or wankers alike...

People can live their life anyway they want, I really don't care. None of it is my problem anyway, well, it is to some extent. This mushroom mentality that so many people have, they want to bury their head in the sand because life is too depressing, and they do it because they CAN! Not because they should. They would rather be led around by the nose and hearded like sheeple then face the reality of the society they live in and what is happening to it. Whatever wool can be pulled over their eyes, just to make it more palletable, and they will swallow it with pride. I don't expect to change the world any more than anyone else. Maybe the most I can do is show someone, just one, the reality they live in. Probably not.

My 2-bit ramblings are just as valid as your's, triple five's, and anyone else's here. How does any of this here help Mr. Toast swallow the content of this site without gagging? It probably doesn't. Perhaps Mr. Toast is the proverbial worm designed to catch the weeds, and we got caught.

If I could have it back in my sig, I would,

"Whatever you say minus whatever you say equals zero."

All I know is I wish I had all his time he has to spend on this (investigation) All I can say is the way it looks and whats really happening can be completely different or decieving. Without knowing exactly whats going on its not worth high blood preasure thats forsure. There has to be circumstances here that you are not seeing. I can tell you a short story about a guy that complained about SSI being taken out of his checks and hed rant and rave until he had a headache. One day this guy got really sick and found out he had Cancer and was about to leave a beautiful wife husbandless and 4 beautiful children fatherless and by the grace of god after this man complained about these very things and thinking how bad his life was with being ripped off this money from his paychecks his life was spared why we will never know but I can tell you what he will never ever worry about why this money is taken from the workers paychecks again. He learned that YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN AND WHAT IS GONNA OR COULD HAPPEN and when you will need this. It was a crummy way to learn this lesson in life but the point couldnt have gotten across anymore clear than it did :eek: But I can give you a hint and tell you I and my family and friends are glad Im still here and I certainly do understand alot more than I did but it was a horrible way to be taught ;)

I can understand how the guy at the supermarket felt

We have a welfare system and i would not mind if it was used properly
problem is it is often abused horribly and not used properly by those who truly need it

i saw someone say how in calif if one is on welfare whatever is given out to the recipient
that person has to pay it back

well good for calif
but what if the recipient really needs it
what if he/she can not pay it back

also i know calif is rare in making payouts to be paid back

here in NY and NJ
if one gets welfare.....one never has to pay back what was given/issued to them

i can say for sure here in ny and nj
many are on welfare who have zero need or business being on welfare

the story that this thread started with is by no means a worst case scenario of abuse
how about taking what the original poster of the thread stated
then come to find the person has a huge house
(with loan guaranteed by crazy low interest rates .... then to see not one really nice car but 2 new cars a very nice pick up and oh yah a really nice mobile home nearly the size of a full size city bus)

then if that wasn't bad enough
come to find they are druggies
that their kids are obnocsious brats (what a surprise...since their parents were)
and anytime i left my house and returned i would find 2 or 3 of their cars blocking both my driveways

i called them in
cops didnt care
welfare didnt care
so i moved away

well that was true happening in the mid 80's
ahh but oh well...that is only one example
i would never see such flagrant abuse of welfare again...right...
wrong

so a couple yrs after the above example
i was working at a chevy dealership selling cars

when one day a couple come in to my desk
we talk and they finally decide on a car (was just under $20,000 and was in 1986 or 87)

so i say
how you want to pay...i can offer you (this and that financing)
but they said

here ,and handed me a bag of what i thought was likely money
but instead was $23,500 in welfare money

i said,i can not take this...i can take cash or maybe a check or chargecard
for sure not welfare and or simple food stamps

to which they said...oh....all you have to do is go 6 blocks up 2 over
and cash them in

so i said no.....you go do so if is so easy

So who came back less then a hour later
now with cash

you guessed it...the welfare couple,who then said..we will take the car now thanks
to add to it...they also said....too bad..we were going to let you keep the difference

well we all see the news
we all see countless people,families,kids who starve daily
we all wish they can get help
many do but unfortunatly many do not

it is not welfare that pisses me off
it is the assinine people who use and abuse the system

then there are those who are born into the welfare system
those in welfare are not from the shinny and glittery parts of town
but rather from the poor and dilapidated part of town
where drug dealers are at every corner and alley

these kids learn to turn to drugs
they learn to stell and hell with any laws
they learn to kill

It is the kids who get the worst of it
2ed is rest of the citizens have to deal with all the rampant low life's

what really pisses me off
is that even in our currant times...with the devalued dollar
we are still a crazy rich nation

so why cant we figure a way to help those truely in need
many are too proud to take help (i think that wrong)
many pray for it daily

yet look what welfare has accomplished
i guarantee it is not done what it is designed to do

BTW CW
I hear you

From across the political and ideological spectrum, there is now almost universal acknowledgement that the American social welfare system has been a failure. Since the start of the War on Poverty in 1965, the United States has spent more than $5.4 trillion trying to ease the plight of the poor. What we have received for that massive investment is--primarily--more poverty.
Our welfare system is unfair to everyone: to taxpayers, who must pick up the bill for failed programs; to society, whose mediating institutions of community, church, and family are increasingly pushed aside; and most of all to the poor themselves, who are trapped in a system that destroys opportunity for them and hope for their children.

Consider the results of our welfare system:

Illegitimacy. In 1960 only 5.3 percent of births were out of wedlock. Today nearly 32 percent of births are illegitimate. Among blacks, the illegitimacy rate is over two-thirds. Among whites, it tops 23 percent. There is strong evidence that directly links the availability of welfare with the increase in out-of-wedlock births.

Dependence. Nearly 65 percent of the people on welfare at any given time will be on the program for eight years or longer. Moreover, welfare is increasingly intergenerational. Children raised in families on welfare are seven times more likely to become dependent on welfare than are other children.

Crime. The Maryland NAACP recently concluded that "the ready access to a lifetime of welfare and free social service programs is a major contributory factor to the crime problems we face today.'' Welfare contributes to crime by destroying family structure and breaking down the bonds of community. Moreover, it contributes to the social marginalization of young black men by making them irrelevant to the family. Their role has been supplanted by the welfare check.

Michael Tanner - director of health and welfare studies at the Cato Institute.

also i know calif is rare in making payouts to be paid back ?

Not sure where you got your info from , but this is far from rare , YOU will pay it back or you will be fined , cleaning trash off freeways for a year of weekends , and or wages garnished from given job or both depending on the situation. I've known both husband and wives out there cleaning up trash for these reasons , some for just getting one extra walfare check after he or she started a new job ! These are folks that needed the help and they weren't out to abuse the system (not that I personally care about what somebody else is doing , my plate is full enough with my own problems)

So that makes me bad ? BS !! You want to get me started here ? Lets talk about Health care and HMO's that herd you in and out like cattle !!! or no health care at all !!! You folks want to bitch about welfare or the price of gasoline ! ? Your tax dollars ! ? and you think YOU'S have it that bad in America ? BS !! Go somewhere else then !! Murders , rapist , molestors , theives and such get better health care in prison then those that can't afford it or have insurance to pay for it , WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ?

A handicap can get so much to live on from SSI , he would much rather work a 9 to 5 but the state would then garnish what little he gets to begin with and he can't even help himself when he or she wants to !! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ? YEAP ! many things seem ass backwards to me in this life ....alls it does is piss me off , being pissed off doesn't do ME PERSONALLY any good. You can call it what you want ? Liberal ? or sticking my head in the sands of life ? I personally call it my own personal survival. The system of life can either control you or you can choose to control it for your own well being ? Your choice. There's like being grateful for what you have and counting your own blessings (if you can even figure them out ?) no matter what the situations in ones life may be ? they could always be worse !

Hey SwitchKit

did you hear about the transexual
who was bitching while in prison
because he (or rather what i refer to a it)
was put in general population
where he/it was raped countless times

he is suing over it
bet that crap ass person gets wheels turning in his/its favor

crap like that pisses me off

i hear you on what you said

Obama Will fix every problem for every one in this country when he is elected, even the world.

He has all the answers if you just listen to him.

Every one will have a job, everyone will be off of welfare, everyone will have the best health care, no more war, every country in the world will love us, all the roads will be fixed, gas prices will go down.

Yahoooooo!

Obama Will fix every problem for every one in this country when he is elected, even the world.

He has all the answers if you just listen to him.

Every one will have a job, everyone will be off of welfare, everyone will have the best health care, no more war, every country in the world will love us, all the roads will be fixed, gas prices will go down.

Yahoooooo!
:glare::glare::glare: That's what i'm afraid of that there is idiots out there that actually believe this crap. Hey look everyone is getting a "stimulus" check soon, then i can pay of more of my debt now instead of relying on someone else to foot the bill.

Yea, To many people are falling for his crap. He scares me more than Hillary.

He was putting us down in PA then wanted our votes, What the H*** does he think.

I am glad he lost here.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.