• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

No much on 10m; nothing new anyway.

Same for 11m. Did say hello to:

43ET143 Gary 5/7 Australia
16OZ457 Curt 5/5 Belgium
163AT116 Beth 5/4 Wales
31SD107 Orlando 5/2 Portugal

Lots of static and a very short window of DX into Europe. I'm sure that you both on the East Coast and Central US have a longer window on the European DX contacts. One of the reasons I started this thread is that we so seldom get DX from Europe into California. Hoping this isn't the end of it, as I still have 1/2 countries in there that I need before I got them all.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I started this thread is that we so seldom get DX from Europe into California. Hoping this isn't the end of it, as I still have 1/2 countries in there that I need before I got them all.

I will have to agree that the window is getting a bit shorter for Euro DX.

Hope that this isnt the begining of the end :blink:

Well being a work day not much for me...

9WR2000 for a quick how u do in the mobile getting a coffee

43LV138 Niel quick contact on my ride home 5x7 in the mobile, Had a good sounding station

Contacts on both 10m and 11m, decent signal strengths:

29DG007 Des 5/9 Ireland
29WW787 Justin 5/9 Ireland
30AS156 Mike 5/5 Spain

France and Italy @ 5/9 on 10m.
Better than no conditions; hope there will be a better showing this weekend during the 10m contesting.

Well I did get a few contacts in today before having to do the antenna thing....

14HF033 Laurent

14HF201 Christian

19RT460 Lia very nice contact lots of QSB but held for a while

30KP158 Pete GREAT QSO very strong station was LMAO at my call sign due to he had a can in his hand at the time of my call out and had to chat with me, We had a good laugh together

After that it fell HARD could hear the birds chearping for say.. So it was Antenna time that took up rest of my day...

I do believe I heard the 49 Div in there this morning but could not get the QSY freq:sad:

Nothing so far today on 10m. Perhaps this afternoon will yield something.
The 10m contest is tomorrow; that should pick up some more new contacts.

11m was OK, as I talked to Gordon in Ireland after two weeks of not hearing him at all.
Also picked another Caribbean Island, St. Maarten:

26FE204 Simon 5/5 England

29LL105 Michael 5/5 Ireland

29B117 Gordon 5/5 Ireland

348AR121 Airon 5/5 St.Maarten Island/Netherlands (QSL sent)

Last edited:
10m wasn't getting much DX from Europe this morning.
Got a few though.
Portugal, Spain, and France.

On 11m, only a couple of regulars again:

26WR001 Dave 5/7 England

29B117 Gordon 5/7 Ireland

108AK444 George 5/5 Scotland

Also got a QSL card in the mail yesterday - from Marseilles, France . . .

Very slim picking by the time I got home....

Does not sound any better for others either what up with this? I thought 2012 was going to be the peak of the cycle and it seems like it already dropping :blink:

302SD200 Mr Slava very weak copy hope I got it correct

11m was a total bust today.
Nada, zip, and zilch.
There just weren't that many operators out there today.

10m was much better.
I did make contacts into Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, and the Isle of French Martinique.
All of these contacts were 5/9.
Mostly American stations were heard today; few foreign contacts.
The foreign contacts were being swamped with many American callers - of course . . .

Things have just fell HARD........
yesterday one contact in the am going to the bank

29SD505 Adam

nothing in the evening Nothing at lunch today and dead quiet when I got out of work.... hmmmm what up with this?

Things have just fell HARD........
yesterday one contact in the am going to the bank

29SD505 Adam

nothing in the evening Nothing at lunch today and dead quiet when I got out of work.... hmmmm what up with this?

Today's sunspot count is down to a low of 70, and the SFU's is down to a measly 133. Not like a month ago - that's for sure!

But I got some today; just a couple.

On 11m, I got 26WR001 David 5/6 from England.

On 10m, I got a 5/9 station on the Mediterranean coast side of Spain.

Last edited:
Well.....................

I should see if i can gather these goose eggs I am getting and try and sell them on FleeBay.

This morning was a complete disaster, There was 2 things this morning and that was Jack and $hit......

Fingers Xrossed there might be something this afternoon:blink:

Well.....................

I should see if i can gather these goose eggs I am getting and try and sell them on FleeBay.

This morning was a complete disaster, There was 2 things this morning and that was Jack and $hit......

Fingers Xrossed there might be something this afternoon:blink:

Interesting... Could not edit post..
this afternoon not much better got 2.

41ET133 Sean

302SD202 for a quick hello

QSB played in this hard.. enough to make a contact exchange calls and radio report and then gone

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.