• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

No conditions at all into Europe on either 10m or 11m. The sunspot count went way down from 77 spots a few days ago to 44 spots. The SFU (solar flux units) are down as well, down to 124 SFU's. Pretty low since quite a while. Be grateful for anything you can get!

solar101sc.php

DX from South Texas

has been a little slow as conditions are slowing.....much fade in the Dx signals from down here. Central and South America are picking up with many very load over modulated signals...very strong stations. many are from deep South American and have talked to a couple that speak some english and with my limited spanish all we can get figured out is the qth....Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Chile are the ones I copy the most.
I DID HERE Klondike Mike 9WR2000 here in south Texas with a 10 over s9 clear signal!! was not able to get back!!!!! he sounded like he was in town!
Did Recieve my first videogate ever....from Poland 161wm102 Tomasz that was cool.....long distance dx contact and first videogate....very good! yesterdays list below.... today was slow and I was workin?
Several canada stations from far east to far west....
68at149 Belfast
68at155 Belfast
1at156 Italy
196sd064 Guadalupe sland
29LL175 NW Ireland
14sd197 France
26sy05 England
158et70 Trinidad
5et318 Venezuela
26ba27 England
43ed66 Australia

GUY I NED HELP....Made contacts with the 350AT dx Station in Bonaire....gave me a number?? and the Galapagos Island DX setup from Sugar Delta....I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO QSL THESE STATIONS....any help pls
also contacted a Alpha Tango station in Serria Leone but do not know how to QSL this as well. :cry::pop:

ghutch, you are in the zone ... smokem' while you got them! Glad to hear my little station is makin' it out. I faintly heard KP82 in Texas City ... I didn't bother trying and had to leave my station. I guess I'll try Texas tomorrow if I'm coming in the front door! Whats your call so I know what to listen for?

Regarding the DXexpeditions, search out the call sign and that will lead you to their QSL manager and associated QSL instructions.

south texas dx today

good DX this morning and i had to get off about 1000-1030 cst ...I know i missed some good ones!!! as i was shutting down central and s america was starting calling into europe.
Mike I was sure I heared you today about the time i was shutting down called ya 9wr2000 right....if it was you were 20 over in south texas....my call is 2 division 333 south texas usa. I'll listen in the morning and we'll hook up.
The DX was good to me today....logged some new ones
88et001 cuba oscar was smoking into tx
22at109 french guyana, john good signal heared him several times calling cq
347la125 albert curacao island new division for me
44cd113 albert warden, s africa!!! new div. and my first contact into s africa
14fb001 france heard this stations qso with the 44cd113! and about an hour later he answered my cq!! if i had called as soon as they finished we all 3 could have qso'd!!
1at/sc italy franco xmas contest station
29ha001 ireland during the qso he and i worked ny city, ny state mobile, penn, and tenn stations....all able to call to texas and ireland. great fun the qso lasted for 30 minutes or so and we left the freqency still working.
68lv749 n ireland mobile! to mobile 3 way qso's with canada and tenn. all getting to roberts mobile.

i copied many europeans,,,,,strong signal on a 330 slovak republic station he was covered up in a pileup instantly, germany, france, italy, denmark, england, ireland, called poland without results! and i thought the conditions were going to be slow? it was not as i expected
canada was smoking into texas again with the guy in DC and canada station creating noise for everyone....copied some heated verbage and remarked to these guys. darn shame i called the dc station yesterday and ask why he sets on 555....he told me if i needed the freq just ask?? problem ishe covers up much DX ?? i just dont get it...both these guys have better stations than i do and both just try to stir up trouble and cover the call freq. channel 19?

well not to much today....

2WR1125 Bob for a how u do

108AT030 Ian

26SD001 David , That "BIG" california station 2WR011 Keyed over me to get him (unintentional) Many many rude stations while David was having QSO's I just waited my turn with a QSK and had a good conversation with him.

29LL105 Michael for a howdie

And that was about the extent of it.. Went to the mountians behind me and played in the snow.. A few US contacts was it, one stated that i must have been hill top for my signal out of the mobile.. :blush: he was right about 5500 feet

Attachments

• PC183400.JPG
    PC183400.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IMAG0257.jpg
    IMAG0257.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 305
Made only two contacts today in Europe. None on 10m, only US stations were heard. Didn't try to get anything in the afternoon or early evening. Was working on a friend's radio. Too much receive static after 10AM here.

29SD747 Dave 5/7 Ireland

26WR001 David 5/7 England.

Considering the SFU's went all the way down to 120, I was glad to get anything at all, really . . .

Last edited:
south texas dx report

today i noted a reduction in dx .... but still some good stations coming into s texas in the mornings....was on around 930am cst local. off for several hrs and back on for a short this afternoon
did a bit of ragchewing today rather than chase the dx. mutiple US and Canada station qso's. Much less stress and had some DX come into our conversations...Puerto Rico, Panama, Scotland, Ireland and England. Had a qso with Scotland and he was called by an Oklahoma station....the Oklahoma station was audible at the noise level and readable about 50% of the time! had we not had some bleed over i think the QSO could have been 3 ways? DX good stuff.
Longest QSO was my second contact into the Canary Island with Ivan 34SD136
One such conversation was into 9WR2000 for a very enjoyable QSO. Really enjoyed our QSO 9wr2000! and we will do it again!
Not much of a report but one note this afternoon I normally hear some Australia, New Zealand, Pacific....none....some stations were strong enough to work but were not speaking english....I barely speak english so and I hear french, somoan, tahitian and ?? I just set and wonder??
As I SWL'd today I have s3 to s9 signals from many South American Countries earlier than usual, Argentina and Chile were stronger than most.
Also heard a cuban 88 and st lucia island 143 both 5-9 signals
73's Garry

signals were weaker not s9 and over but very workable

Made two contacts into Europe yesterday and one today on 11m. Nothing on 10m except US/Canada stations.

14DX181 Marc 5/6 France

26WR001 David 5/6 England

9WR2000 Robin 5/9 Canada

14AP001 Nicolas 5/7 France

Conditions appear to be improving, as the SFU's are rising to 139 and the sunspot numbers have doubled to 139. Looking for improvements in the next three weeks to improve, if not before then.

South Texas Dx report

yesterday 12-20
Many stateside qso's and canada.
29lv70 ireland cq contest station
24 division panama pacific side at canal...eric had just dusted off his 142gtl cobra for some DX !
19wo164 neatherland rene
19dw064 neatherland jack
68dc14 northern ireland
108cw144 scotland will
29bw21 ireland brian
2at017 belgium jim
26da037 england kevin
142 division mobile missed? called during a qso and i was not able to copy him later?? new one for me and mobile to mobile !!

today 12-21 was much better but i only had time for a few
19vc722 maritime mobile rotterdam
108cs215 scotland
30as090 spain
26oc249 england
good signals from EU stations 5-7 or better on belgium, canada, england, france, italy, ireland, portugal, bahamas, jamacia, uruguay, mexico, brazil.......stations were stronger signals today DX is getting better if i had the time.... could have made 20+ european qso's easy today.

Very QUIET on the freeband for me today....

14DX181 marc

41SD012 or was it 102? Don Mobile contact doing 75 MPH so it was a bit QSB

Remembered my call from 16+ years ago Then conditions just fell out..

Was listening to to 10 meter this morning sounded bizzy to me... better then the freeband

2 weeks till test time, Tech is in the bag... doing what i can for general keeping fingers crossed:mellow:

Nothing on 10m again today.
On 11m, got a few:

14KP468 Fredrick 5/6 France

14LG061 (QSB) 5/3 France

26WR001 David 5/3 England.

Static level was low this morning, so this made it possible to make some contacts. The number of sunspots is rising and so is the SFU's . . .

Solar numbers picking up,

solar101sc.php

Today;

302SD202, Stan on east side of Russia
23JR013, Montego Bay, Jamaica
9DXC101, John in Toronto
43SD280, Jordan in Australia

Yesterday;
32SD011, Javier in southern Chile
9RC427, Mark in Niagara Falls, Ont.
2YB147, mobile in Texas with 800w's
33ET101, Larry in Alaska
Some German guy on a Dxepedition in Mexico, couldn't straighten out his numbers; 10 SD 557 /141???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.