• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

Whisky Delta-40

Thanx for the contact and feedback on the new radio
sorry the qso left much to be desired, will have to get the rx side of things figured out on my end
I'd have shouted back but I heard you get into another qso and then the bottom dropped out of the signal. Again, appreciate the feedback and advice...cheers!!

Was talking to a couple of SD members in Canada when

44BRC124 SOUTH AFRICA Steven 5/7 27.540USB 10:20AM/PST

came in clear as a bell!

He was using a beam and had me at the same signal strength,
Talked for about 5 minutes with just 60 watts.
This was a long path contact, as my beam was pointed to the NNE/30 degrees E of N.

Conditions have returned to the West Coast once again.
Booo-yaaaah!

His station is in Mtubatuba SA, which is the on Indian Ocean side of South Africa ~100 km SSE of Swaziland.

Mtubatuba.jpg

Last edited:
Also made a contact with

347LA125 Curacao, Netherlands (off the coast of Venezuela) Albert 5/9 27.540USB 11:45AM/PST

3AT213 Sao Paulo, Brazil Luiz 5/8 27.550USB 1:50PM/PST

On 10m, I got the city of Santa Clara in Cuba.
Niiiiiiice . . .

Last edited:
Wake-ee, wake-ee thread . . .

Seems that Europe is starting to leak in the West Coast at long last.
Just made two contacts:

163AU001 (name wasn't possible/QSB) 4/7 27.570mhz/USB Wales/UK 13:40 PST

26AB30 Alan 5/7 27.570mhz/USB England 13:45 PST

So far this evening when I had time to step into the shack:

23div407 ------------------- Montego Bay ------ .385LSB
23ET001_Jay -------------- Jamaica ------------ .385LSB
818_Cookie Girl ------------ Eureka, CA -------- .385LSB
17WR000_Richard --------- Hawaii -------------- .385LSB
26RD001_Andy ------------ England ------------- .470USB (26KP010)
26div30_Allen -------------- Devon, England ----- .470USB
195div507 ------------------ Grenada ------------ .385LSB

I wish I had time to stand by for more!

I made my 1st ssb contact today on 38lsb, talked to station 13 in california from NY. Pretty cool!

The bug has bit you now. Pretty awesome feeling on your first DX contact huh?

Ya i have been bitten for a while, it wasnt my 1st dx contact just 1st on ssb. Im new to ssb, i have made a dozen or so on am channels over the past couple weeks. However mostly around the south eastern us and im in ny. So california is definatly a record for me. Still getting used to the ssb, for a while i didnt think it was working, then literaly on my last try before heading to work i got a call back

Ya i have been bitten for a while, it wasnt my 1st dx contact just 1st on ssb. Im new to ssb, i have made a dozen or so on am channels over the past couple weeks. However mostly around the south eastern us and im in ny. So california is definatly a record for me. Still getting used to the ssb, for a while i didnt think it was working, then literaly on my last try before heading to work i got a call back

Wait till you get your first "DX" contact (meaning out of the states) then you will be really hooked and it goes on from there...
Have fun with it......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.