• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WestMountainRadio ClrDsp feedback

To follow up my last post in this thread: the WMR CLRSPCH DSP Speaker is akin to using a thermal riflescope.

The heat signature leaves NO DOUBT that game is present (“did I see something move?”)

— The forest (hash) with trees and brush is still present, though reduced, but RX is now SHARPLY outlined. The brain doesn’t have to fill in blanks — guess — at words or sentences only partially understood.

— And this is DESPITE the use of stock phrases (on AM-19, among truckers), one is left un-certain.

DSP Audio Filtration adds certainty where words aren’t any longer partially swallowed up in noise. (Reliance on hard consonants to decipher).

Am getting the day underway in a rural area. Have adjusted Side Mic Radio audio tone controls to wide-open (not just RF Gain & Squelch; those two now rarely used).

Have to remember to keep total volume lower than using background hash as that marker since a nearby local keying up to spark his buddy in another rock hauler would blow my ears out.

The product users with a well-sorted base station antenna system can (likely) make finer discernments on value than me in my driving a composite-body Kenworth in Mobile (business-use). My radios are a selection of CB & Export, not Amateur gear.

FWIW, my antenna system (complete) is at about $400. Radio (plus Power) at about $500. $200 for an improvement I can’t match otherwise by spending isn’t “expensive”.

— The Interstate just got closed (completely) by a Haz-Mat tanker spill 200-miles farther ahead on the busiest trans-continental route: I was the only one around me who heard a discussion between two drivers of a nationwide carrier.

— Icy Interstate and a report of a collision just over the crest of a hill means my 20-mph is FAR too fast to hit the summit (and I’m the only one who heard it).

Next, is the pleasure of a very good mobile rig: understanding vocal nuance (versus making out words) means rapport (repartee).

If — among the 3.5-million American truck drivers — maybe 10% have “decent” radio rigs (as judged by those on this forum) aligned with general expectations about CB (what’s possible), we are down to a few ten thousands where optimal performance is possible.

Beyond The Pale of Settlement are the very few with gear (install) which exceeds what’s thought possible.

Others stay stuck with a carbine with mis-aligned iron sights. Think it’s “representative” of what CB offers. 75-yards is “adequate”.

Others want a thermal imaging sight so as to have a chance at making 400-yards shots right at sunset.

My take is: it’s not coincidence you’re reading on a radio forum. Overcoming the deficiencies of the other mans rig is the goal. The Word will be for those who’ve prepared the way. (Do your part).

Hey Slow…I’m getting ready to pick my new side mic hearing aids with DSP…Do I really need WMR CLRSPCH DSP Speaker?

Reactions: Crawdad
Hey Slow…I’m getting ready to pick my new side mic hearing aids with DSP…Do I really need WMR CLRSPCH DSP Speaker?

Before having a mobile system which with which I could hear, and get heard the constancy of movement covered over the deficiency inherent. The idea that, “€#%£ happens” (fatalism).

Call the flip side of the coin (distant early warning) whatever you like. Yesterday I was at the end of an uneventful 600+ mile day when for the VERY last ten miles was a backup of that length. Meaning, I would not only run out of HOS Drive Time before making it to the planned truck stop (with no alternative), but — given the time of day plus nearness to the major metro for my delivery today — no parking spaces might any longer be available.

Doing a ten-hour break on an entrance or exit ramp is a danger I avoid (not to mention lack of services).

I got off the Interstate and used the parallel “old highway”. With but TWO other trucks. “Lost” seven minutes from my ETA. Crossed over the Interstate at the end to the destination and the line to exit the Interstate stretched over a half-mile and out-of-sight. (Lots of on-air complaining; with one local describing my alternate to ONE other driver while I was en-route).

Got that parking space. (No more were available a half-hour later; could barely get into the T-S so many were drivers needing a break).

There are always work-arounds. But none conducive to the retention of energy (are stressful) and risk grows anon.

A story of me, me, me. A leg up and a way around. (There’s yet more to what’s avoided by drilling down).

Hear, and Get Heard (as I experience it) shows that honor (one’s duty) becomes clearer. And it’s a relief to know such.

If I tried — in person — to tell a fellow hobbyist the result of this experience the onus falls on me to be perceived as truthful. Maybe, hobby aside, “you” think I’m full of it. Hard to change that opinion, then.

But words on a page don’t have to involve the teller of the tale. They stand on their own (test for yourself).

DSP was the missing piece. I can hear the other man and he can hear me. Mobile, one or both of us moving away from the other at over 65-mph. A bare few minutes — maybe seconds — before all possibilities of communication are closed. (Extrapolate to any situation needing comms).

To not play a joke with words: the small, still, voice.

— A base operator has leverage for his TX. And gear (potentially) far in excess of what mobile can use RX. Yet this circuitry is aimed at Amateur.

I spent on an experiment. “Worked”. But I hadn’t considered that answered prayer imposed it’s own (ironically, light) burden: be worthy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated