• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What band is best mobile

And folks wonder why they think hams are stuck up pricks
Bad apples in EVERYTHING & that includes Amateur Radio so they are by far the MINORITY not the MAJORITY.So many people today have very thin skin & they use it as an Excuse because they are never the problem.Everything wrong is somebody else's fault just ask them.I have heard that some so called Leaders in the world are like that. LOL

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW

Bad apples in EVERYTHING & that includes Amateur Radio so they are by far the MINORITY not the MAJORITY.So many people today have very thin skin & they use it as an Excuse because they are never the problem.Everything wrong is somebody else's fault just ask them.I have heard that some so called Leaders in the world are like that. LOL

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
narcissists

And the majority of hams today used to be and still are CBers.
I was a CB Operator but because of the BS on the 11 meter band I no longer am except once every few months I go & chat with one local who lives about 30 miles away who will never take the Ham Tests.It's the only time I chat with him except at a local hamfest/tailgate event that we both usually attend in March & October.All of the Noise Toys people acting like they should be in a mental institution & general BS has made the 11 meter band 99.9% unusable for me & my friends who were once on the band.If you had have told me it would have ever gotten this bad way back in the 60's I would have said that you were Crazy but I would have been Wrong because it's far beyond repair by anyone other than GOD HIMSELF & it's not of a concern to HIM so it's Forever Lost to the mentally ill it appears.It's the Huge Advantage of having Hundreds of Thousands of available frequencies available on Amateur Radio which always will get you a place to have a real QSO with people with common sense who want to actually have a QSO & not see who can step on who & who has the dumbest noise toy.CB Radio was designed for Communications just like Amateur Radio,GMRS,FRS,& all of two way radio services but it's Rarely ever used for that purpose these days because of the raging mad children across every channel on the dial including the Illegal ones on the Free Band around 11 meters.I know it's difficult to admit it but it's forever Broken & it's Not ever going to be Fixed.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW

Reactions: Rwb
CB Radio was designed for Communications just like Amateur Radio,GMRS,FRS,& all of two way radio services but it's Rarely ever used for that purpose these days because of the raging mad children across every channel on the dial including the Illegal ones on the Free Band around 11 meters.
It started as a low cost, short range business service, but over the years it really has turned into a hobby service.
I think the FCC has finally come to that conclusion as well when they dropped the 155 mile rule.
Around here there are some knuckle heads that run channel 17, but really the majority of the ops in this area are good guys.
There is a group down in Fresno that run SSB on channel 36 and they have a net every Friday nite, and another group that runs the Old Tube Radio Network every Sat nite on 27.085 AM that are a great bunch of operators keeping old tube CB radios alive.
I started in CB and later on got my ham ticket.
I still use both services, as well as other services, it's all just radio to me.
I don't let a few undesirable operators spoil my fun on any radio, not going to let them win.
If I did I would have thrown in the towel years ago.
There are boneheaded people in life everyday, just have to get past it and move on.

Jeff

It started as a low cost, short range business service, but over the years it really has turned into a hobby service.
I think the FCC has finally come to that conclusion as well when they dropped the 155 mile rule.
Around here there are some knuckle heads that run channel 17, but really the majority of the ops in this area are good guys.
There is a group down in Fresno that run SSB on channel 36 and they have a net every Friday nite, and another group that runs the Old Tube Radio Network every Sat nite on 27.085 AM that are a great bunch of operators keeping old tube CB radios alive.
I started in CB and later on got my ham ticket.
I still use both services, as well as other services, it's all just radio to me.
I don't let a few undesirable operators spoil my fun on any radio, not going to let them win.
If I did I would have thrown in the towel years ago.
There are boneheaded people in life everyday, just have to get past it and move on.

Jeff
That's exactly why I am a Ham Radio & GMRS Operator & I have given up on the CB Band.I have seen more than enough stupidity in my life so I avoid it now that I'm Retired after being a State Law Enforcement Officer here in Florida for 30 years I saw & heard more than my share.I don't want the garbage in my life from anywhere if I have a choice in the matter & in this case I do.I gave the band many many chances but I have decided I have much better things to do with my life so I just removed it from my life all together.I had some great friends there but the majority have either became Ham Operators themselves or they have passed away & many did both.I will just enjoy the Ham & GMRS Bands & not sweat the small stuff.Life is Short & mine is far shorter than it was when I began my radio adventures back in 1965 so I'm making the best of what I have left & as ELVIS said,I did it my way.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520

Reactions: Rwb
Best band for mobile....??? Would have to be 15 meters, any mode. From the California/Oregon border running up and or down I-5 or other N/S roads I can regularly get Pacific Islands on SSB. What they seem to be waiting for is for me to put the mike down and grab the key. 45 mph and send/rec at 45 wpm....or higher

i use cb n lots. when it becomes garbage i switch channels if you avoid the unsupervised kids they grow tired of playing n go do something else.
early mornings we chat on 31 am n its a decent group. then up to 2 meters for another group then time to go to work

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That's exactly why I am a Ham Radio & GMRS Operator & I have given up on the CB Band.I have seen more than enough stupidity in my life

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520
IMO, a lot has to do with location. There are plenty of civilized pockets of 11m ops in the U.S. that (by far) outnumber the jerks, until a major skip event occurs, allowing a small finite number of idiots to muck things up. But with a few exceptions, I hear the same crap on 80 and 40 meters as well, which mirrors the downward spiral our society is in today.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated