• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What electronics have YOU fixed lately?

Had four of the six tubes (three 12AX7's and one 12AT7), so I ordered the two EL-84/6BQ6 to complete the lineup.

View attachment 26624
View attachment 26628

Schematic of the amp

This may just be a typo, but did you mean 6BQ5? You mentioned EL84/6BQ6. I use EL84s/6BQ5s in lots of my guitar amps, so I was curious as to whether there is some other EL84 equivalent besides the 7320s and7189s that I might have missed.

On my end, my repairs skills are limited due to injury. However, I did recently open up and re-bias my Monoprice 15 watt guitar amp after swapping out the power tubes. The amp - which is a Laney Cub12R with a different facade - came stock with Shuguang EL84s, which sounded O.K. despite being biased cold (idling around 45%) from the factory. Several different brands of EL84s got the tone test - including Ei, Tesla, JJ, Gold Lion, Sovtek and others. The winner: a pair of old, 1980s production Soviet military 6P14P-EVs. I set the bias at 56 and 60%, respectively at idle. My plate voltage was running around 292. At these values, these power tubes should outlive me.

I purchased a Connex 3300HP on eBay a couple of weeks ago for dirt cheap. Somebody gave it the golden screwdriver treatment. It didn't transmit or receive. I fixed the radio and aligned it for this truck driver I know. It was his birthday on Oct 5th so I gave it to him for a birthday present then so he could put it in his big rig. I converted it into the Big Betty Boop "Purple Nurple" edition...lol. The guy loved it. Here is it before and after I was done with it.

Attachments

• BEFORE_PIC.png
    BEFORE_PIC.png
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • AFTER_PIC.JPG
    AFTER_PIC.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Replaced a 2 pin charging port on a Snap On Tools magnetic under hood light. A 2 pin aviation connector and socket fit perfectly and handles 5 amps!

aviation-connector-gx20-2-pin-straight-male-socket-and-female-plug-bulkhead-.jpg

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Mostly crt and lcd to led monitor conversations as of lately. I did do a couple CD jukes and Mrs. Pacman or 2 this week.

Reactions: Robb
my tv set i had given to me back in the summer didnt have a f connector because it had been broken off,, so i had been using a converter with rca jacks,, but i got it down with some help,, it is a big tv and found a plug in a old 300 to 75 adapter and drilled a hole to mount and run a short run of coax soldered it all up and with new remote i am in business,,,, i do know one thing the picture is so much better now,, that onverter must have been not very good,,,,

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
also got my remote for garage door opener and replaced the 10 year old plus battery in it cleaned and lubed,, working again,,,, it had started to be intermittit and having to be real close to open,,,,

Fixed an old rotor control box for a local ham. Got 3 beers out of it.

Them Beers must not have been open & they must have been very small if all Three of them fit into that little control box? Wonder why somebody would have put any Beers in it much less Three? LOL hehe haha {:>) I could not help myself Mudfoot.

SIX-SHOOTER

Put a New 9 volt batter plug in a TUP9 D-104 that I got from an estate.I can't figure out why they cut the other one off? It still needs a bottom cover but that's not a big deal.

SIX-SHOOTER

I purchased a Connex 3300HP on eBay a couple of weeks ago for dirt cheap. Somebody gave it the golden screwdriver treatment. It didn't transmit or receive. I fixed the radio and aligned it for this truck driver I know. It was his birthday on Oct 5th so I gave it to him for a birthday present then so he could put it in his big rig. I converted it into the Big Betty Boop "Purple Nurple" edition...lol. The guy loved it. Here is it before and after I was done with it.

That will help him keep ABREAST of what's happening on the Big Road. LOL

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?