• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What Happend To The Marconi Net?

Trust me Chris, I've learned to take the 3.814 crew with a grain of salt as well, got no beef with either party and would like to keep it that way, but after spending some quality time on 3.814, and listening to the constant griping about Fred and his net, I started to get the picture after a short time.

I've had QSO's with Fred off his net, I got the impression can be a bit of a whacker, but otherwise an alright guy. Don't know that I'd let him date my sister, but I'll talk to the guy on the radio......

At first I thought the whole MyCronie thing was just their North Jersey / New York accents, then I learned it was a stab at Fred's net and thought it humorous at first, but then I realized it was all being taken too far and too seriously. Besides that, some of the 3.814 regulars kinda treated me like a bastard stepchild, I never felt like I was openly welcomed in their circle.....

Also one of the reasons why I haven't been in any big hurry to get my random wire working right again.......

At first I thought the whole MyCronie thing was just their North Jersey / New York accents, then I learned it was a stab at Fred's net and thought it humorous at first, but then I realized it was all being taken too far and too seriously. Besides that, some of the 3.814 regulars kinda treated me like a bastard stepchild, I never felt like I was openly welcomed in their circle.....

Yeah..it's a shame. Right about when I poked you in that direction so we could meet up, it started to go down the tubes there. It was a good year+ before that where we had a great time and some decent conversations, but it went down the hole fast.

It was principally one guy that dragged the crew down the drain and attracted the dregs of the band there. He warped a lot of weak people and ruined the group.

You're out of 2m simplex range but we have a group that has a good time there and also works just up the band at 3.828-3.832 roughly at random times. You've probably worked a lot of them already. Just had a big meet and greet at a diner with a good ten of us or so. That's what radio is all about to me.

We should grab coffee one of these days now that the "shooah" has been returned to the rightful owners, I can actually drive down your way heh.

We should grab coffee one of these days now that the "shooah" has been returned to the rightful owners, I can actually drive down your way heh.

Amen to that brother, I was driving the Parkway yesterday and actually made good time, haven't been able to do that since Memorial Day weekend hit.....

As soon as I loose the foliage here, I'll work on getting a proper length on this wire, a couple more ground wires down, and shoot for a higher tree, then I should be able to get a decent signal out on 80 again, and I'll come looking for you.....(y)

Perhaps KB2IXT is discovering first hand the old saying, "What goes around comes around". It has been my observation that the founder of the Marconi Net welcomes all opinions on all subjects, so long as he agrees with what you say and how you say it.

Perhaps KB2IXT is discovering first hand the old saying, "What goes around comes around". It has been my observation that the founder of the Marconi Net welcomes all opinions on all subjects, so long as he agrees with what you say and how you say it.

Another satisfied customer.

Funny thing is the guy who does the most jamming to the Marconi Net is the same guy who paid Fred to clean up his yard when Fred was out of a job.

I have to wonder what 411 he has on Fred to make Fred put up with jamming every night and not expose the guy. He tips a few and fires up on Fred with vulgar stuff all the time. Anyone in the greater NYC area can listen to this jammer on the local mega-repeater. He pauses on the repeater while the vulgar guy talks on 75.

Stay tuned.............

It seems Fred is the topic of controversy in more then one circle of people on 75. He gets a thumbs down from those of us that use the AM window too. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand there is no legal claim to this 20 Khz slice of spectrum for AM only use. What Fred continues to be oblivious or disrespectful to is the fact this tiny bandwidth gives those who work AM barely enough bandwidth to carry out two separate QSO's. Why he jammed his net in the lower section of this spectrum is beyond me.

When he keys on 3.872 it renders 3.875 completely useless in AM receive. It use to be nice to break away from the roundtable on 3.885 to carry out a quick exchange with a smaller group on 3.875. For the last decade Fred has decided it was more important to be on 3.872 every night. Often enduring a ridiculous amount of jamming rather then simply move down band a few KHz like 99% of all other SSB traffic has done out of respect long before his arrival. When was the last time you heard AM traffic below 3.870?

So let's recap.

You've stated those who don't like Fred are

1. Drunks
2. Jammers
3. Have mental disorders
4. Agitators

I submit that the dozen or so hams who DO like Fred are

1. Easliy led
2. May have the best of intentions however uninformed
3. Weak minded
4. Rarer every day.

When you find out the WHOLE truth you will be even more disgusted AND will know that you have been had.

I would agree, but what has happened to Freddy, the Fartloop? I am told he has gone to the Carribean? Long time away.:eek::eek::bdh::bdh:

I have no idea what happened to Fred.

He did do one good thing. Every night you can now hear a lot of great AM guys and gals on that spot. Guess they figured out use it or lose it.

What's going on. The Marconi net on 3972.0 disappeared. Now all hear is AM transmissions. Anyone have the scoop on what happened?

Yes, what did happen to Fred and the Merry Men? Fred makes a very good reason to beware you never check in and keep listening for the Next Erpution from Delmar. Its really quite funny.

But what did happen did Fred get his license pulled?:bdh:

Fred is not what's important.

What IS important is the people who were sucked into all the Marconi B.S. understand that they have been lied to. Some of you owe apologies to your fellow hams.

It's also important to understand that Fred's operating habits should not be looked upon as acceptable.

Some of the people in this thread who seem the most rabid were actually part of the net a few years back. Think back to when YOU felt Fred was being picked on and tried to help him. Did you do some things based on false information? Now we see some more recent suckers. Put yourself in the other guy's shoes.

I heard a QSO on 40 that mentioned Fred was in in jail.Fact or fiction? I don't know or care.

I heard a QSO on 40 that mentioned Fred was in in jail.Fact or fiction? I don't know or care.

Maybe you were hearing about Radioprison which was a hilarious internet expose of several whackjob 75 meter encumbrances.

was it that wackjob that thinks he owns 7.181? if so, he also started a similar thread on the 'zed. he's a W1I(dio)T :(

i'm glad he's gone, i don't operate AM, but that net needed to move/cease operations.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated