• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What has changed your life

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
I have seen and talked to people whos lives have changed because something has happend it there life. maby a death in the family. Some have had perminant damage to them that takes them out of what they love to do.

I will start. When i was 10 i had to have surgery on my right knee. I was told the muscle that holds the knee down tore and my knee was half way up my leg when i seen it. I was told to sit out on sports for a couple of years. Well i didnt listen. About 4 years later i went out for football because i love the sport. One game i kneed someone's sholder pads and my knee swelled up. Didnt stop me from playing till the next day. Knee was black and blue and full of water. After about 2 weeks the swelling went down. Well 2 years later i was told that if i ever mess it up again i could never walk again or even walk right. I went to a football camp and tried that out. That was a huge mistake. knee didnt feel right for days. Know that football season is coming up i have to sit all of my high school years out just because of my knee. Wish i could take that day back. Just skip it and go on with the rest of my life. But i cant so i have to live with it. Well i know i have to much time on my hand so ill sit back and do nothing. :)

i raised 2 boys of my ex's from 1 year old and from birth, and after 3 years, i was not even allowed to see the kids i was raising as my own. gave me a bitter, hard streak that serves me very well in life now, and the ability to percevere in the future

This to shall pass 197 . I understand your feelings all the same. Life is like that in many ways for many of us ,ups and downs and goods and bads and so ons and so ons , IM sure God has other ideas for you there 197, Things that have changed my life huh ?(this could take a life time) Just recently my sister was watching TV ,she got a headach and asked her daughter to get her a couple of asprins ,buy the time my niece came back from the kitchen ,my sister was gone 51 years young ....now a-days it's as if I have a lot of nerve bitching moaning and groaning about anything !!! it's almost like ..How dare I !!!! shes gone and IM still here .....but IM only human with feelings that run through me all the same. People get sick , have problems with drugs and alcohol, folks have a hard time in there relasionship concerning sex , either not enough ,or they just have plain problems getting things going ,divorces and sperations can be both good and bad but when children are concerned ? it can make it very tough on them all the same, over 75 million Americans are on some kinds of anti-depressents ,that's over 1/4 of the population ......that's scarey !!! but at the same time ,IM no doctor either ,so if it works for them and makes there lives more comfortable ? so be it !! Bitter ? By the grace of the powers that be (God) I hope that IM not ? I don't want to live that way !! Weather or not you believe in something ? I choose God for the time being , call it what you want ,weather it is something to keep me controlled over lifes situations that IM totally powerless over in the first place ,meaning people.places and things I can only be responsable for myself and my actions there after, an a-hole is an a-hole, he or she is his or her own problem ....not mine !! There are no big deals in this life unless you chose to have them .....I chose not, concerning my own well being. I also believe that nothing happens in this world by mistake ,there's a reason for everything that happens ,at least in my life as it is today. Weather I know why ? or not at the time ....the answers come and go as time passes by ........and then there are no answers to why as well .....it's just the way that it is, plane and simple (but we as human beings can complacate the crap out of things) wasted energy if you will. Hopefully we get a clue about that as time goes on for ourselves ? As I said before 197 .....I could more then likely right a book on this thing we call life .....sometimes experiance can be the best teachers out there for many of us. Your alive and well 197 and just waking up to a new day can truly be a blessed event........Why Me ? Why not me !! So what !! Whats next ? bring it on !! by the grace of the powers that be ........Life goes on . Switch Kit

I got banned from the 1-Stop Radio forum, it was an eye-opening experience, to this day, I still have flashbacks of when I could not sign on to their forum. :cry:

I am being treated for Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder, that really affected my psyche. :shock:

It changed my whole outlook on life, radio and, everything; it caused my to go out and get my Ham license :twisted: .

8) .

Broke my ankle 7 1/2 years ago, self-employed, in debt up to my a$$, no money in the bank, thought life really sucked! Made it from day to day and learned that life can get real bad in a heartbeat! If you have a good wife and family, and basically good health, you have more than alot of unfortunate souls out there!

I got banned from the 1-Stop Radio forum

We could start a movement! Millions would be involved!!! :LOL:

JD :beer

1stop mods have to come over here to try to stir something up.. but to each their own. Just have to ignore them...

Warlord, I would think as a person who calls themselves a moderator, you should realize that juvinile, defensive name calling is NOT the appropriate way to act. There are a number of people I have spoken to in reference to your other site and the way its run(which I will be more than happy to discuss in PM, email or phone for that matter) However trolling thru the boards and only making defensive and childish posts is not the way to go about it.

Just take it as advice, people with low posts counts and no positive, helpful comments on the boards are not always going to be the most respected.
Make love not war :moon

bcrewcaptain said:
Warlord, I would think as a person who calls themselves a moderator, you should realize that juvinile, defensive name calling is NOT the appropriate way to act. There are a number of people I have spoken to in reference to your other site and the way its run(which I will be more than happy to discuss in PM, email or phone for that matter) However trolling thru the boards and only making defensive and childish posts is not the way to go about it.

Just take it as advice, people with low posts counts and no positive, helpful comments on the boards are not always going to be the most respected.
Make love not war :moon

Brew, he was not being serious, just the opposite; he realized that I was being facetious.

BTW Warlock, how are things over at Tommy 2's joint, I haven't heard from him since he told me to go hang out at QRZ.com; seems that I was not dysfunctional enough for him :roll: :roll: :roll:

paws, its good to see you can take a joke! I guess the rest of the guys didnt see the lol! Hope all is well with you !

Peace Warlord

I really don't see to much change with all the Internet forums out there. Birds of a feather ,flock together. As I said before ,there are truly no big deals in life unless one chooses to have one ? An A-Hole is an A-Hole .a lier is a lier and a theif is a theif ,it's all in the words that are written for all to see. The same crap that goes on in many a radios receive goes on within these forum pages. So like the radio and other places ,one has choices that he or she can make. To be or not to be ? ...that is the question.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.