• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What have you done today to be prepared?

Picked up an Eton Solar Powered Lantern with Integrated Water Bottle

Attachments

• Aqualite Lattern pic.jpg
    Aqualite Lattern pic.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I started recapping and servicing all the old boom boxes, plus small AM/FM transistor radios that were rescued from my relations years ago. It’s been fun studying all the different obsolete, but still replaceable audio chips that they used in many of them. Fortunately I found enough telescopic antennas to replace the broken ones. New ones are expensive nowadays. The bad foam surround speakers in a couple were replaced with 4” automotive speakers. If you think a SSB CB has a lot of caps, try restoring an old boom box sometime. The Sharp boom box that my mother once paid $100 for had around 70 electrolytic caps.

What have you done today to be prepared? We have been canning. So far we have put up tomato juice, pasta sauce, smoked pasta sauce, sweet salsa, spicy salsa, pickled jalapenos, pickled okra, pickled green beans, and pickled cauliflower. Still got plenty of more things to can and put up to be prepared!
I put my Faith in Jesus Christ & not Stress over anything. I'm not letting anyone or anything Stress me. Stress will Kill you & that's what those who are stirring the pot want. I don't put any faith in anyone other than the King of Kings because HE is in control & everything & everyone that Lives will Die so I am prepared for whenever that comes. My prep work has been done because I accepted HIM & I put all of my Trust there where it's appreciated & HE alone deserves my trust. Call me a Fool if you like but I have thick skin & it does not bother me at all.

I put my Faith in Jesus Christ & not Stress over anything. I'm not letting anyone or anything Stress me. Stress will Kill you & that's what those who are stirring the pot want. I don't put any faith in anyone other than the King of Kings because HE is in control & everything & everyone that Lives will Die so I am prepared for whenever that comes. My prep work has been done because I accepted HIM & I put all of my Trust there where it's appreciated & HE alone deserves my trust. Call me a Fool if you like but I have thick skin & it does not bother me at all.
Amen 100%!!

Changed the oil on my generator and took stock of all my freedom seeds and dispensers and worked. I agree with both the previous sentiments. I trust in the Lord, but he also gave us many biblical stories cautioning us against not preparing ones self.

Plan for what?
Plan for the worst, hope for the best. Nobody plans to have a fire, but people have fire extinguishers for a reason. Like seat belts, parachutes and guns, if you need one and don't have it, you will never need one again. At the very least, we should prepare for natural disaster. FEMA recommends to have several days worth of non perishable food and water. Like we learned in Scouts, "Be prepared". Use situational awareness and plan accordingly.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.