• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is the SSB mobil CB these days.

The 148 died when it was made in china. The china rigs have the mic in the front. The Taiwan ROC and Malaysia rigs were great radios but too many have fallen prey to the golden screwdrivers and many now because of age are falling to old parts failing. As much as I love the old Washington bases and the 148 its just too much for me.
I like my 2995dx and when it craps out ill upgrade again. Maybe a clean older Kenwood.

Reactions: walterjn
Not a SSB radio but here's a review of the Road King 5640 Blue Light Special!

This will be brief because the radio is on its way back to the seller because the front is scratched. :( I will not be ordering a replacement because:

a. The noise canceling mic cancels everything, including my voice. With my lips pressed against the lip guard and practically yelling, I was still unable to get the needle on the radio to move. :confused: I like to see a little forward swing but got nary a budge.
b. The meter on the radio showed less than 2 watts out. My Daiwa 901 showed 1.5.
c. I know now where all gripes in other reviews about the blue lights being too bright came from. They are! The first thing I did was reach for the switch to change from bright to dim only to discover they WERE on dim! :eek:

Think it's back to ebay in search of a good vintage base CB. So much for the modern technology. :ROFLMAO:

I thinky you need that Pinky from Cobra.

Think it's back to ebay in search of a good vintage base CB. So much for the modern technology. :ROFLMAO:

Just get a 980 and a 203 and be happy.

I've got three vintage out for repair now. No telling how much or when they return. Wont bother the tech, artists are a flaky bunch, and get quite cranky.

Meanwhile, behind the facade of an innocent looking bookstore,.....pacifying myself with a McKinley, a 980, and the yet to be revealed from box N2.

The first two are performing well and don't really feel like setting the N2 up until the Redbeard drill pipe breakover #2 is completed.

Reactions: TheRATT and Tokin
Let’s see.
A 980/203 combo or a Pearce Simpson Guardian 23/Turner +2 that will work a week or so before needing re-capping and a tube or two. (n)

Need to sleep on it. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.